Tennessee Super 44 Prospects

VandyMania

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a good question for you. Scout.com or Unapproved Website, Which one you prefer?

My vote goes to Rivals. There is no comparison when you look at the prospect databases. Rivals has more players in their database. Scout doesn't have RB's Dennis Rogan or Josh Hawkins as prospects. There's other notable players missing from their databse. I guess I'm biased :lol:

Here's a good question for you. Scout.com or Unapproved Website, Which one you prefer?

My vote goes to Rivals. There is no comparison when you look at the prospect databases. Rivals has more players in their database. Scout doesn't have RB's Dennis Rogan or Josh Hawkins as prospects. There's other notable players missing from their databse. I guess I'm biased :rolleyes:

I definately agree that Rivals is over better. Beside their database, they give a lot more information on the players such as stats and awards. Only thing I like about scout is that they show who has been offered and who hasn't. Rivals could have Tennessee on someone's list and they might not be even getting letters from them. They sometimes go on what the player says.

My vote goes to Rivals. There is no comparison when you look at the prospect databases. Rivals has more players in their database. Scout doesn't have RB's Dennis Rogan or Josh Hawkins as prospects. There's other notable players missing from their databse. I guess I'm biased ;)

You need to realize that most of the players send in their own information and highlight tapes to these sites to be posted. If Scout doesn't have someone that Rivals does its because the player hasn't sent them the info.

You need to realize that most of the players send in their own information and highlight tapes to these sites to be posted. If Scout doesn't have someone that Rivals does its because the player hasn't sent them the info.

Niether Rivals nor Scout post tape/information just because somebody sends it to them. If their local contacts (Brent Hubbs with Rivals, for example) don't feel like they are D1-A or at least high D1-AA level talent they aren't included in the data bases.

Another consideration is academics. Some services don't include players who have no chance to make it academically. One of the local Rivals guys told me that one local player who has "offers" on the table from D1-A schools has no chance to qualify, so while they are mentioning him they aren't giving him as much rating consideration because he isn't going to be going on to college football, or at least big time college football, next fall.

Niether Rivals nor Scout post tape/information just because somebody sends it to them. If their local contacts (Brent Hubbs with Rivals, for example) don't feel like they are D1-A or at least high D1-AA level talent they aren't included in the data bases.

Another consideration is academics. Some services don't include players who have no chance to make it academically. One of the local Rivals guys told me that one local player who has "offers" on the table from D1-A schools has no chance to qualify, so while they are mentioning him they aren't giving him as much rating consideration because he isn't going to be going on to college football, or at least big time college football, next fall.

I'm not saying that every single player that sends them the info and highlight tape are put on Rival or Scout, but that they use that to help decide if they could be on their sites. There is no way that they can see every single player out there. That is why you see some players on one site and not the other. We all know though that if you have a player that plays all games their junior year they can surely make a decent highlight tape. That doesn't mean though that they are DI material or even small college material. And yes, they do take grades into heavy consideration. Why put someone up if they can't make the grade.