8th graders and football

Any public school has a principal, a vice principal in charge of curriculum, a vice principal in charge of discipline, a vice principal in charge of parking lots, vice principal in charge of administration, vice principal in charge of keeping up with vice principals. Of course everyone needs a secretary. Oops I'm sorry - an administrative assistant! Wonder why property taxes keep going up?

The number of principals per school depends on the enrollment in that school. Now if you want to talk about the overall school systems, then that is a different matter. Some systems do have too many people doing too few jobs. So, if your system is like that you need to make sure that you vote next week and put some new people on your school board.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rule actually does not state anything about being under one roof. The rule states that they must have the same administration, principal.It can be several buildings on the same campus as long as they all answer to the same principal. And you can even have a 7-12 grade school where the high school students are part of TSSAA and the lower grades are NOT TMSAA. Also you may only play 5 yrs for TSSAA. So if a student is pulled up as an 8th grader and they fail their junior year they are not eligible to play as a senior.

You need to check the rule,you must be under 1 roof for an eighth grader to get 5 years of varisity play.

You need to check the rule,you must be under 1 roof for an eighth grader to get 5 years of varisity play.

TSSAA page 29.

RULE 5: All students participating on a team registered in the Middle School Athletic Association must be enrolled in the same school and be under the same supervision of the same administarative head.

I didnt see anything about being under the same roof. There is a school in my county where the middle school is in a seperate bulidling (roof). But they have the same principal. Therefore the 8th graders can play HS.

There is another school in Giles county where it is K-12 under one roof. THey have seperate principals. Although they share a roof the 8th graders can not play with the HS because of the different admin heads.

Even being sarcastic, that was a very silly statement. Maybe you're talking about Register's schools over that way, but it's not the case all over.

You're right. The "vice principal in charge of the parking lots" was a little over the top. And you're right, Register was my superintendent but thank God we had Curtis (Why can't they all be home schooled?) Adams protecting our community!

TSSAA page 29.

RULE 5: All students participating on a team registered in the Middle School Athletic Association must be enrolled in the same school and be under the same supervision of the same administarative head.

I didnt see anything about being under the same roof. There is a school in my county where the middle school is in a seperate bulidling (roof). But they have the same principal. Therefore the 8th graders can play HS.

There is another school in Giles county where it is K-12 under one roof. THey have seperate principals. Although they share a roof the 8th graders can not play with the HS because of the different admin heads.

My school is k-12,with seperate principals,under 1 roof and 8th graders can play 5 years.

• 5 weeks later...

My school is k-12,with seperate principals,under 1 roof and 8th graders can play 5 years.

so what is the punishment for breaking this rule? This happened to McMInn County HIgh School this year. the 8th grader was in athens City School System and played a scrimmage when he was still in 8th grade with a High School of the County. This is different School systems. Why hasn't anything been done?

so what is the punishment for breaking this rule? This happened to McMInn County HIgh School this year. the 8th grader was in athens City School System and played a scrimmage when he was still in 8th grade with a High School of the County. This is different School systems. Why hasn't anything been done?

I'm guessing no one turned it in. Sounds like you should since you have direct knowledge of the event. :thumb: