Tournament MVP`s

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be hard to beat Farraguts #16's performance:

AAA State Tournament> 2 wins, 2 shutouts, 20 K's, 0 walks, 5 hits. ERA 0.00

AAA District, Region & State tournaments> 6 wins, 1 earned run in 44 innings, 4 shutouts

(Bartlett/Ravenwood/Halls/Maryville). Dont have his k count yet but it was very high as well as his k/walk ratio. 4 of the 6 wins were elimination games.

All of this could not have happened with out a great team (and coaching) behind him with lots of Heart, Character & Determination!

Edited by Tampabay41

They stopped giving all-tournament and MVP awards when the Spring Fling went to 8 teams in 2003 ...

but if they still gave them out ....

Class A - Drew Hayes (2-0, and a save, 19 K's in 14.2 inning pitched )

Class AA - Tyler Mathis (2-0, 12K's, in 14.0 innings also drove in 5 runs while going 9-20)

Class AAA - Rob Catapano (2-0, with 20 K's allowed just 5 hits with 14 innings pitched)

Division II - Charlie Tidwell (2-0, and a save, 18 K's pitched 17 innings)

Pitching leads the way to state title for teams

All-Tournament Teams (Teams have to reach final four)

Class A

P- John Ivie

P-Ben Skelley

INF-John Laughley

INF-Peyton Pratt

INF-Drew Hayes

INF- Glen Smith

OF-Mikie Minor

OF-Jeremy Lamb

OF-Brice Preistley

DH- Jake Mason

C-Daniel Albarran

Class AA

P-Tyler Mathis

P-Clayton Gant

INF-Tyler Cannon

INF-Gunter Delashmit

INF-Preston Overbey

INF-Spencer Nelson

OF-Will Glenn

OF- Joshua Posey

OF- Dustin Dover

DH-Brandon Elzie

C-Joe Freeman

Class AAA

P-Rob Catapano

P-Max Craven

INF-David Reynolds

INF-Eric Berryman

INF-Barton Ivy

INF-Matt Danger

OF-Chip Eskew

OF-Steve Liddle

OF-Chaz Pace

DH-Kris Bramlett

C- Ty Nelson

Division II

P-Charlie Tidwell

P-Matt Packer

INF-Matt Ridings

INF-Zeth Stone

INF-Josh Shelton

INF-Trey Dyer

OF-Seth Walker

OF-Michael Brown

OF-Tery Moon

DH-Michael Elliott

C-Logan Hostettler

Just my opionion ..... this is not offical

As for the AA all tourny team, how could you leave Josh Liles off of the team????? Speaking as a Covington fan and graduate, he was by far the best catcher in the field. He hit for a ridiculous avg. somewhere in the neiborhood over .500, dorve in quite a few runs, and was outstanding defensivly. Except for the few bad apples from my home town, I respect the kid for being a kid and being one heck of a ball player. He was a stud the first time I saw him play at 12, and he's still a stud going into his Senior year.

As for the AA all tourny team, how could you leave Josh Liles off of the team????? Speaking as a Covington fan and graduate, he was by far the best catcher in the field. He hit for a ridiculous avg. somewhere in the neiborhood over .500, dorve in quite a few runs, and was outstanding defensivly. Except for the few bad apples from my home town, I respect the kid for being a kid and being one heck of a ball player. He was a stud the first time I saw him play at 12, and he's still a stud going into his Senior year.

Thank you. There is no way he could be left off.

Why dont you go live in Jackson if your such a big fan we dont need you here. Joe Freeman played just as good as Liles in that tounament. The all tourney team is based off of the tournament not what a player has done since he was 12. I guess you think Gant should be above mathis because he only lost 2 games his high school career. Who needs people to rout against us when we got "fans" like you.

Why dont you go live in Jackson if your such a big fan we dont need you here. Joe Freeman played just as good as Liles in that tounament. The all tourney team is based off of the tournament not what a player has done since he was 12. I guess you think Gant should be above mathis because he only lost 2 games his high school career. Who needs people to rout against us when we got "fans" like you.

No doubt your from Covington.