Why the difference between baseball & softball?

BallFourBaseHit

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously softball pitchers often pitch both games of double headers, pitch in consecutive days, and are able to pitch a lot more innings than a baseball pitcher. A baseball pitcher "needs" four days of rest between starts.

Also look at the field. Wake up at look at the size. To make the softball game more interesting go to a large field. From the time young men are 12 yrs. and older the field goes to 250' plus fields. At 15 it's over 350'. Young ladies field stays around the 200' ft. range. In college in might get to 220'

i thought they played it the same way baseball did it duoble elmination and then a 1 time championship game

if not...pitching is the key yo can have a baseball pitcher throw 2 days in a row whereas a softball pitchier can go 2 or even 3 days in a row the under arm throwing motion is more natural thean the overhand thrwoing that baseball does so in softball it is not as much wear and tear

i thought they played it the same way baseball did it duoble elmination and then a 1 time championship game

if not...pitching is the key yo can have a baseball pitcher throw 2 days in a row whereas a softball pitchier can go 2 or even 3 days in a row the under arm throwing motion is more natural thean the overhand thrwoing that baseball does so in softball it is not as much wear and tear

I understand that the pitching motion for softball creates less strain on an arm than the pitching motion in baseball. Still ... it doesn't seem consistent. If there is enough time to finish softball on Saturday ... then let's finish baseball also on Saturday if necessary. If any team is allowed a loss, all teams should be allowed a loss. JMO. :)

Softball Game with low scoring (usually in the state tourney) is about 1 hr. 15 min. long.

Baseball Game with low scoring is still aroung 2 1/2 hours.

Math.....Get 2 games in softball to 1 in baseball.

And lets not forget, more teams in the tourney, more $$$$$$$

Pitching Rest + Time of games = More Softball teams = MORE $$$$

Softball Game with low scoring (usually in the state tourney) is about 1 hr. 15 min. long.

Baseball Game with low scoring is still aroung 2 1/2 hours.

Math.....Get 2 games in softball to 1 in baseball.

And lets not forget, more teams in the tourney, more $$$$$$$

Pitching Rest + Time of games = More Softball teams = MORE $$$$

I believe if you compare the baseball and softball brackets, you'll see they start with the same number of teams. As for the number of games, they play the same number except when they need to go to double elimination in the finals, as TCA and Columbia did this year.

Edited by BallFourBaseHit

I believe if you compare the baseball and softball brackets, you'll see they start with the same number of teams. As for the number of games, they play the same number except when they need to go to double elimination in the finals, as TCA and Columbia did this year.

I stand corrected!