CAK....who gets the Head Coaching job?

kobayashi

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you legally recruit at CAK, since it is a private school? I know they play under TSSAA rules, but didn't know. :thumb::D

I have heard lots of rumors about other schools doing this.

[/quot

Not sure what you mean by recruit. Do you mean can you offer financial assistance regarding tuition to a student? Some private schools can do that yes. Div II schools for that matter. Lots of other private schools are accused of doing it by way of rumor. Most all private school play under TSSAA rules. Who is CAK anyway ?

What happened to Coach Gum? Did parents run another coach off or did he leave on his own accord? They need to find a good coach that has his years in with the publics that can take retirement and then he can afford to work there for the salary that they can pay. They have done that with football and basketball if I am not mistaken. They have a good man in the AD slot and I am sure that he will work it out to their best advantage.

Can they afford to go after Pharr, Wormsley, Howard, Buckner, or Rice?

When do they move up to AAA?

What happened to Coach Gum? Did parents run another coach off or did he leave on his own accord? They need to find a good coach that has his years in with the publics that can take retirement and then he can afford to work there for the salary that they can pay. They have done that with football and basketball if I am not mistaken. They have a good man in the AD slot and I am sure that he will work it out to their best advantage.

Doubledrip,

CAK has the money to go after any big name coach that they want as they did with Coaches Young and Darden but as voldad showed us without meaning to do so, who is CAK anyways? Why would a coach like Pharr or Wormsley or Buckner who are in good situations want to leave for a school that went 10-10 and was carried by arguably the best player in the state.

Papatj,

As sad as it is to say, i would think that Coach Gum's departure can be more attributed to the first of your assumptions rather than the second. It really is a shame that some people would rather look at the win-loss column instead of the character building and the life lessons that a coach can teach. I wish the best for the players at CAK but im afraid the administration, aided by some parents with well endowed checkbooks, may have just hurt the baseball program more than they helped it.

Can they afford to go after Pharr, Wormsley, Howard, Buckner, or Rice?

When do they move up to AAA?

They can afford to go after all these coaches, and you can probably add Torre and Cox to the list. One parent in particular has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on open league teams over the past 5 or 6 years. His son will be there 3 more years, so the money supply for facilities and salary will be virtually unlimited during that time.

By the way, Coach Pharr is coaching this year's version of his summer team.