IMAC Predictions

Trojan E.

It's not far away...just a little over two months before the kickoff. Can't wait!!!

I believe MoWest is the team to beat again...followed by:

2) Daniel Boone

3) Greenville

4) Cocke County

5) Cherokee

6) MoEast :lol:

7) Volunteer

8) Crockett

Boone loses a lot of offense in Hicks. Greeneville loses a lot of skill players. Someone told me that their numbers look very small, around the 40 mark. Perhaps those traditionalist Devils need to think about dropping to AAA where they need to be.

Lots of excitement in Cocke Co. about the new coach and his son at QB, but will that excitement translate to wins?

Cherokee has a lot of questions - at skill positions and on the defense.

East has Ramsey back at QB, but they too lose some important folks.

So - imo, its West and 2-8 are up for grabs.

Boone loses a lot of offense in Hicks. Greeneville loses a lot of skill players. Someone told me that their numbers look very small, around the 40 mark. Perhaps those traditionalist Devils need to think about dropping to AAA where they need to be.

Lots of excitement in Cocke Co. about the new coach and his son at QB, but will that excitement translate to wins?

Cherokee has a lot of questions - at skill positions and on the defense.

East has Ramsey back at QB, but they too lose some important folks.

So - imo, its West and 2-8 are up for grabs.

Mo West is the obvious choice but don't they lose 10 of 11 on offense from '05? Really it doesn't matter...the imac is not very good in general. Let's be real! Who in numbers 2 thru 8 can play with region 3's 1 thru 5. Mo West may not survive week 3 against Knox West.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not saying that we will compete for the conference championship, but I think that Volunteer will surprise a lot of teams this year. We had the youngest team in the conference last year by a mile. When you started 7-8 sophmores on each side of the ball gaining valuable experience, combined w/ hard work in the off season, your bound to be better. Not to mention a 6-1 thumping of happy valley this spring.

prediction:

1. Mo-town West (will play maryville again in round 4)

2. Mo-town East (as always, 2nd most talent in conference, will they be able to live up to potential this year w/ new coach?)

3. Volunteer (great group of JRs that all started last year)

4. Greenville (QB w/ potential, but loss of 2 biggest treats on offence will hurt)

5. Cherrokee (lost to many skill positions)

6. Cocke County (big question mark, what will the new coach bring?)

7. Boone (w/o sky, very flat)

8. Crockett (new coach, same result)

Edited by sgoinseagle4life

i actually agree with that. the new coach has had time to work. how has the lifting been for volunteer?

while i dont think they will finish third, but i think a 5 is possible. but when these jr's are sr's i think a top 3 is possible.

and i dont think the 6-1 thumping over happy valley will show how good you really are. who else do they scrimmage? any 4a or 5a schools?

Edited by TrojanOT50