Nathan Brown named new coach at Page

PageMan

I found out today that Nathan Brown will be the new head coach at Page next year. Coach Brown comes from Lebanon where he was the assistant coach. Former Page Coach Mike Hollingsworth is leaving Page is take a teaching job at a middle school in Williamson Co. Coach Brown will be rebuilding the team at Page as there were 9 graduating seniors this past season. Welcome to the school Coach Brown and good luck to Coach Hollingsworth in his future endeavors.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PM -

Coach Brown is going to have a young team next year and the year after. He can make Page's baseball program a first class program from practically the ground up with so many young players.

I know many of these young men and they and their families are of the highest quality. I'm not talking about only baseball, but in general. Their families are incredibly supportive and the young men are hard-working and eager to learn. I'm sure that Coach Brown will fit in well with a team made up of people of such high integrity.

PageMan, have you heard about the assistants - are they staying or going?

Welcome to Page, Coach Brown!!

Edited by Cowboys Up

Coach Brown graduated from Hillsboro High around 2000...graduated from Trevecca in 2005...played under Mickey Hiter in travel bal for several years... has coached travel teams the past three summers... if players respond, he will do fine.

Comes from very good baseball coaching background....Congratulations to Nathan and Page High who got a real baseball coach.

Coach Brown graduated from Hillsboro High around 2000...graduated from Trevecca in 2005...played under Mickey Hiter in travel bal for several years... has coached travel teams the past three summers... if players respond, he will do fine.

Comes from very good baseball coaching background....Congratulations to Nathan and Page High who got a real baseball coach.

:lol: he is good at teaching the game

Thanks for the info, Switchhitter. Coach Brown appears fairly young and should relate to the players well. Page will probably have only 3 seniors next season and I believe that they and the younger players will respond well to his coaching. I'm looking forward to meeting Coach Brown as soon as possible. I hope my knowledge of our district teams will help him get off to a good first season at Page.

Thanks for the info, Switchhitter. Coach Brown appears fairly young and should relate to the players well. Page will probably have only 3 seniors next season and I believe that they and the younger players will respond well to his coaching. I'm looking forward to meeting Coach Brown as soon as possible. I hope my knowledge of our district teams will help him get off to a good first season at Page.

Pageman, you are a VIP of the program. your knowledge and help will be an asset to Coach Brown.

I met Coach Brown yesterday at an informal meeting of the current team and prospective players from Page Middle. There was a light workout where Coach Brown and his assistant put the team through some drills to see what everybody could do and become familiar with the team. I was impressed with Coach Brown in this meeting and can't wait to see how things go next season. It will be a rebuilding year with the graduation of 9 players, but it will also be the start of a new era at Page. There will be a meeting with the parents on June 15 at 6:30 and I will also discuss things with Coach Brown concerning the performance of last year's team. I'm sure the parents will also be impressed with his work ethics and dedication to the game as next season progresses. As to the question by Cowboys Up concerning assistant coaches, Coach Brown brought his long time friend (sorry I forgot his name) and former team mate at Trevecca. None of the former assistants will be back as far as I know at this point. I will post anything meaningful about the parents meeting to be held next Thursday. Welcome to Coach Brown and his assistant and I'm looking forward to working with both of you in the coming months.

Edited by PageMan