2006 MLB Draft

GradfromtheNest

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i guess about the only TN standouts left are goodenow and lamm. has anyone heard anything about them?

Lamm (Loretto) has signed with Vanderbilt, so not being drafted (as of the 48th round), is not surprising; - some scouts say most kids don't sign with the pro club (unless drafted high) anyway when signed to a major college (Vandy being an up-and-comer in the college game and good academics - although they are no Tennessee Tech).

He'll do great as a 'Dore!

speaking of vandy, i have a feeling burke will go pro but that still leaves them goodenow, minor(who should stay and wont get that much money going 359th), and lamm. thats 3 phenomenal pitchers, not to mention all 3 can hit exceptionally well. id say vanderbilt has one of if not the best recruiting class in the nation.

i personally dont see y minor would go ahead to the pros. going in the 13th round isnt going to get u hardly anything as opposed to going to vandy for a couple of years and getting a top notch educatio without spending a dime. he will also develop further and would end up, in my mind, being a first round pick. that seems like the way to go, but once again thats just me.

Edited by HLfan68

i agree minor shouldnt go pro 13rd is great but the money isnt life changing money wait 3 years and then the money will come vandy has a lot of quality pitchers so they wont need him to pitch and over abundunt amount therfore he wont get worn out stay in school and if he progresses like he should he will get the life changing money then.