Class 1A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

All I know is that I wouldn't want to be a #1 or #2 from Region 3-A and have to face the likes of a Trousdale County.

I wouldn't count out Clint and the Yellow Jackets just yet! This Region is tough and at least 3 teams can win it this year including TC. They still get to play FC and Gordonsville and Watertown will not finish any higher than 3rd and probably is still 4th in this region when all is said and done. I wouldn't be surprised at all if everyone in this region has at least 1 loss when all is said and done.

Can you imagine being South Pitt who will probably win Region 3 and have to play three of the following 4 teams in week 1, 2,3, of the playoffs:

Watertown TC, Gordonsville, & FC

I know South Pitt is good but to get thru that stretch they will have to be real good!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time Trousdale plays FCS and GV, they will more than likely have their injured players back, and they'll be a completely different team.

However, I believe FCS will win the region. Heck, I don't believe a 1a team in the state will beat them, even though I believe GV could give them a game and possibly pull an upset.

Watertown will be third, and this Friday will more than likely decide who will be fourth, TC or Monterey.

Whoever is in the top four spots region 3 better look out come playoff time.

I would just like to say this to the fans of region 4.

I would like to see this thread keep going.

It didn't get a single post for about three weeks. I'd like to see the fans keep talking, jawing, trashing, etc.

Just to throw it in Good luck Monterey this week. TC beat them like 77-0 a few years back, and I don't know if Monterey has ever beat them. :lol:

I owuld like to see a sweep of region 3 by region 4 in the playoffs. 3 of 4 teams won last year, lets go for the sweep this year. And I believe Gordonsville pulls the upset against FC this year to win the region. This is all based that Gordonsville beats Trousdale County, and that is always a feat in itself.

a sweep could only happen if FCS or GV or TC play SP in the first round. I think SP is super talented this year.

This post is addressing volzchamps and some comments he made on the westmoreland vs. GV thread.

I felt it better suited this thread.

First he made comments about "The Jungle" not being what it used to be and he is right. I noticed the size of the crowd is smaller and quieter and the tunnel of students isn't as long as it was when I played.

He also gives the impression that FCS had the game with GV locked up, he just may have not meant to.

He claims FCS has nothing to worry about after played TC close and beating South Pitt. Both teams have a lot of returning starters and it should be a good game.

He also claimed that FCS could handle GV's physical style of play. Well, look at Rickaway's stats from each half of last year's game with GV. He looked like he was playing awfully tentative in the second half after taking a few licks.

But Rickaway is not the only guy they got that can run the ball.

The Markham kid will be something special in a couple of years. I watched him play on both the high school and Jr. high level last year. what a talent.

We'll find out how it'll go down in week 8.

This post is addressing volzchamps and some comments he made on the westmoreland vs. GV thread.

First he made comments about "The Jungle" not being what it used to be and he is right. I noticed the size of the crowd is smaller and quieter and the tunnel of students isn't as long as it was when I played.

He also gives the impression that FCS had the game with GV locked up, he just may have not meant to.

He claims FCS has nothing to worry about after played TC close and beating South Pitt. Both teams have a lot of returning starters and it should be a good game.

He also claimed that FCS could handle GV's physical style of play. Well, look at Rickaway's stats from each half of last year's game with GV. He looked like he was playing awfully tentative in the second half after taking a few licks.

The Markham kid will be something special in a couple of years. I watched him play on both the high school and Jr. high level last year. what a talent.

Actually what he was talking about is that a Gordonsville supporter had said FCS was talking like that and Volzchamp was telling him that it wasn't that way, but he could see why people would think FCS would say that. Does FCS fear the jungle?? No. Think about this, this years seniors have only lost to Gordonsville once, when they were freshman, and they lost by a field goal. Not exactly any reason to fear a team if that is the circumstances. Regardless, this game is neither here nor there, this week is WATERTOWN for FCS. I believe that Gordonsville should worry about MJCA while we worry about H2O.

a sweep could only happen if FCS or GV or TC play SP in the first round. I think SP is super talented this year.

SP is super talented. But look at it this way. Unless another team in 4-1a jumps up and suprises people. The four teams in the playoffs will be TC, Watertown, Gordonsville, and FCS.

Gordonsville has good talent this year, and are sick of playing second fiddle to anyone. If somehow they had to play South Pitt first round, i think they would win.

FCS, personally i don't think anyone has the talent to beat them. The only way that South Pitt could win is if FCS self-destructed.

TC, i don't know how long it has been since they didn't win a playoff game, i think that TC playing South Pitt would renew that rivally and TC would win it just to jump up and bite someone.

Watertown is playing like a town and a team possesed. They dont have the talent to beat South Pitt, but i will take Emotion, Heart, and a little bit of luck over talent anyday.

I think that whichever team is fourth in region 4-1a has the potential to beat South Pitt and that region 4-1a can sweep it. Now will that happen? i dunno, alot of football to be played between now and then.

Croz,

Let me set the record straight. If you would read my post and the one I was replying to by moss you might notice that moss implies that FC thinks they have a lock over GHS. I simply pointed out that FC's focus is all on H2Otown for now.

Moss then made some idiotic comment about the "jungle" scaring FC. I replied by saying after going to South Pitt and winning last year, then going to TC and playing them to the wire, and then going to Nashville and beating defending state champ DA on their home field, that FC thinks of the jungle as just another old mostly dirt field that has had good teams in the past. FEAR IT--No way. All of us FC fans relish another trip there like the one on the train 2 years ago when Sweeney lit that place up. Sure Medley's back but I don't think Cowan has any eligibility left! :lol:

Moss tried to imply that FC didn't like physical play! HUH! I simply said we'll see who doesn't like it physical. I think FC will still show up. It should be interesting to see if GHS can control the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts that killed them last year. Surely Medley has fixed that problem!

The only thing you or moss said that I might agree with is that it should be a good game. But thats what we thought last year and both times in 2004. FC players and fans respect GHS and their storied program but I assure you we do not fear it or that "jingle" I mean "jungle".

Like I said keep your focus, :lol: we will.