Class 1A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Croz,

Let me set the record straight. If you would read my post and the one I was replying to by moss you might notice that moss implies that FC thinks they have a lock over GHS. I simply pointed out that FC's focus is all on H2Otown for now.

Moss then made some idiotic comment about the "jungle" scaring FC. I replied by saying after going to South Pitt and winning last year, then going to TC and playing them to the wire, and then going to Nashville and beating defending state champ DA on their home field, that FC thinks of the jungle as just another old mostly dirt field that has had good teams in the past. FEAR IT--No way. All of us FC fans relish another trip there like the one on the train 2 years ago when Sweeney lit that place up. Sure Medley's back but I don't think Cowan has any eligibility left! :lol:

Moss tried to imply that FC didn't like physical play! HUH! I simply said we'll see who doesn't like it physical. I think FC will still show up. It should be interesting to see if GHS can control the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts that killed them last year. Surely Medley has fixed that problem!

The only thing you or moss said that I might agree with is that it should be a good game. But thats what we thought last year and both times in 2004. FC players and fans respect GHS and their storied program but I assure you we do not fear it or that "jingle" I mean "jungle".

Like I said keep your focus, :lol: we will.

I stand corrected on what i thought he had meant in the other thread. LOL, but i like what he said above better.

Edited by FCSpoe

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croz,

Let me set the record straight. If you would read my post and the one I was replying to by moss you might notice that moss implies that FC thinks they have a lock over GHS. I simply pointed out that FC's focus is all on H2Otown for now.

Moss then made some idiotic comment about the "jungle" scaring FC. I replied by saying after going to South Pitt and winning last year, then going to TC and playing them to the wire, and then going to Nashville and beating defending state champ DA on their home field, that FC thinks of the jungle as just another old mostly dirt field that has had good teams in the past. FEAR IT--No way. All of us FC fans relish another trip there like the one on the train 2 years ago when Sweeney lit that place up. Sure Medley's back but I don't think Cowan has any eligibility left! :lol:

Moss tried to imply that FC didn't like physical play! HUH! I simply said we'll see who doesn't like it physical. I think FC will still show up. It should be interesting to see if GHS can control the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts that killed them last year. Surely Medley has fixed that problem!

The only thing you or moss said that I might agree with is that it should be a good game. But thats what we thought last year and both times in 2004. FC players and fans respect GHS and their storied program but I assure you we do not fear it or that "jingle" I mean "jungle".

Like I said keep your focus, :lol: we will.

actually, Gordonsville's field is one of the nicest in the state, or one of the nicest I have ever stepped foot on. notice I said field, not stands. The stands are in need of a major renovation. But I have been on FC's field, and it is nowhere near as nice as Gordonsvlles field. Yes, the so-called "jungle" has lost its luster, but I believe it can be regained.

actually, Gordonsville's field is one of the nicest in the state, or one of the nicest I have ever stepped foot on. notice I said field, not stands. The stands are in need of a major renovation. But I have been on FC's field, and it is nowhere near as nice as Gordonsvlles field. Yes, the so-called "jungle" has lost its luster, but I believe it can be regained.

they must have done some work on that field then. last i was there it looked like a cow pasture but, it has been about three years.

they must have done some work on that field then. last i was there it looked like a cow pasture but, it has been about three years.

you must be thinking about the practice field, which yeah, is nothing to look at. But the game field is in pristine shape. The coaches take care of that field. It is actually level as compared to somefields across the midstate. I know watertowns filed has the big hump in the middle of it, as does the field in Celina. But the last time I actually stepped foot opn the field was when we got beat by Boyd in te Quarters in 2002. I really dont know how you call it a cow pasture, although...hartsville always has a nice field.

I'm sure the luster can be regained Bishop Shizzle (B.S.). After all usually the quality of the field reflects on the success of the program. Take TC for instance. Their field is as nice as you see in 1A and so is their program. South Pitt's is also very nice and so is their program. DCA's was immaculate and so was their program when in 1A.

If you look around the Region, I think it's safe to say that the more successful programs also have the best facilities with the exception of Watertown. Their program is much better than the facilities but the people of Wilson Co. and Watertown in particular refuse to allocate $$$$$$ for the Watertown athletic dept. and school. Unfortunately, the same is true when you look at the bottom tier of programs and facilities. Most of our Regions programs are funded with public tax dollars. However, FC and MJCA programs are funded strictly by alumni, parents, and volunteers.

you must be thinking about the practice field, which yeah, is nothing to look at. But the game field is in pristine shape. The coaches take care of that field. It is actually level as compared to somefields across the midstate. I know watertowns filed has the big hump in the middle of it, as does the field in Celina. But the last time I actually stepped foot opn the field was when we got beat by Boyd in te Quarters in 2002. I really dont know how you call it a cow pasture, although...hartsville always has a nice field.

Ummm :lol: isn't there suppose to be a crown in the field(hump) lol :thumb:

I'm sure the luster can be regained Bishop Shizzle (B.S.). After all usually the quality of the field reflects on the success of the program. Take TC for instance. Their field is as nice as you see in 1A and so is their program. South Pitt's is also very nice and so is their program. DCA's was immaculate and so was their program when in 1A.

If you look around the Region, I think it's safe to say that the more successful programs also have the best facilities with the exception of Watertown. Their program is much better than the facilities but the people of Wilson Co. and Watertown in particular refuse to allocate $$$$$$ for the Watertown athletic dept. and school. Unfortunately, the same is true when you look at the bottom tier of programs and facilities. Most of our Regions programs are funded with public tax dollars. However, FC and MJCA programs are funded strictly by alumni, parents, and volunteers.

When I was in SP for the 2001 Quarterfinals against them, I thought there field was pretty crappy. I didn't like it at all. I stepped in a pot hole in the middle of the field, that wasnt fun. But their stdium/stnads were some of the nicest I had seen ever.

Ummm :lol: isn't there suppose to be a crown in the field(hump) lol :thumb:

I know what you are talking about, but it just didnt seem right. Like it was a series of ups and downs...

Hard to explain I guess...

Croz,

Like I said keep your focus, :ph34r: we will.

In reference to your comment about Medley keeping the Gville team from getting unsportsmanlike conduct and personal foul penalties:

Any team in that region that has played at FCS knows that all the opposing team's players have to do to get a penalty is look cross-eyed at one of the green men to get a flag. Talk about special treatment!!!!

In reference to your comment about Medley keeping the Gville team from getting unsportsmanlike conduct and personal foul penalties:

Any team in that region that has played at FCS knows that all the opposing team's players have to do to get a penalty is look cross-eyed at one of the green men to get a flag. Talk about special treatment!!!!

That is a funny comment. I can see what you mean though, penalties is what cost Clay Co. the game this year. And in past years all FCS has to do is talk to the ref and a flag is thrown giving FCS valuble yardage. ... Oh yeah, lets not forget that FCS averaged 4 penalties a game last year. The refs all love them.

That is a funny comment. I can see what you mean though, penalties is what cost Clay Co. the game this year. And in past years all FCS has to do is talk to the ref and a flag is thrown giving FCS valuble yardage. ... Oh yeah, lets not forget that FCS averaged 4 penalties a game last year. The refs all love them.

Well, I, for one don't think any team gets special treatment. It just seems like that some times. Even refs have bad games.

I was wondering if any FCS fans can tell me what contribution Robbie Preston is making to the team.

I've watched him play in Jr. Pro and Jr. High, and I know he is an athlete, and he is also a great individual. I think he is listed at fullback.

I believe this has the chance to be good game, although, it'll be hard for anyone to beat Friendship, but it can happen.

On another note, Does anyone know if MJCA is improving with the new coach from DCA. I thought about starting a thread on the game this week, but I didn't figure it would last long.

I know they also have the Underwood kid that is very talented.

I do not know about MJCA. But robbie preston plays fullback for FCS. Although i don't know if he will be out or not, he had an apparent injury (??? little help FCS fans????) against Clay Co, so i do not know his current condition and playing status. But he did start the first three games at fullback, and if not injured will play there.