Jackson Christian School coach resigns

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear, because I'm not sure my post was, I do not believe a private school will win 7-2A before the next reclassification.

And that's nothing against USJ, or JCS if they do indeed get placed in that region. They've both got excellent programs, and both have scored quality wins over schools in higher classifications over the last few years. But beating them in non-region is one thing; beating them in-region is quite another.

The biggest reason is depth. When you're playing in a region with schools twice your size, you're typically not going to have the depth your opponents do. More two-way players and fewer opportunities to spell your starters results in a worn-down squad in the second half.

Umm, once again USJ being in 2A had nothing to do with them being bad last year. USJ got beat by Fayette Academy and JCS by the same margins as Huntingdon and Milan beat them. Hate to break it to you, but the quality of football is not THAT much better in 2A. Certainly not a reason for someone to quit their job. Get real, man. Cohu finished his doctorate and decided to become a college professor. Do you really think he sat down with his wife and said "we're moving to Virginia so we won't have to play them Bulldogs or Mustangs"?

A private school will win 7-2A before the next reclassification. Mark those words, big guy.

I would have to disagree. If we look at Union City scores vs. good 2A schools: Milan (20-7) and Westview (28-6) and they were our representatives in Murfreesboro. Now granted those were both early in the season. I think the real difference lies in the middle and lower rungs. The Middletons, Greenfields, Gleasons, and Halls on the lower rung and the TCAs, Brucetons, West Carrolls, and Manassas of the middle rung do not even come close to matching up with their counterparts in 2A. Week in week out you will face far more talent than before.

Better start recruiting if you want to be right.

Just to be clear, because I'm not sure my post was, I do not believe a private school will win 7-2A before the next reclassification.

And that's nothing against USJ, or JCS if they do indeed get placed in that region. They've both got excellent programs, and both have scored quality wins over schools in higher classifications over the last few years. But beating them in non-region is one thing; beating them in-region is quite another.

The biggest reason is depth. When you're playing in a region with schools twice your size, you're typically not going to have the depth your opponents do. More two-way players and fewer opportunities to spell your starters results in a worn-down squad in the second half.

mmm, good one.