Powell

Drega06

HTV,

I beg to differ with you. 1.) The guidelines for school zones have been the same for many years, now the zones have changed, but not the rules. 2.) TSSAA rules say you can't have TWO homes and claim alternating residences, which Chavis probably did. 3) Do the Hubers still live in the condo. Also was Powell HS Huber's 2nd or 3rd choice after being told he would have to move to Maryville to play for them?

Without naming names, how many little devils are you speaking of? I know of none in the last 8-9 years that didn't live in Halls. Maybe you are speaking of one family that lived in Halls, got a transfer to Central, pops got mad, went back to coaching at Powell, moved into mom's house with son in Powell's zone.

Where did I say they claimed alternating residences? They owned two homes. The Sterchi Hills home was the one they used as "legal" residence" so the son didn't have to sit a year when he went to Central. I don't know if they still own that home or not. They currently live in Powell. There's no rule against owning more than one home, as far as I know.

Do the Huber's still own the condo? I don't know, but that really isn't a factor any longer. Baron graduated from high school over a year ago. Ask Kevin if you are that interested.

You don't know of any Halls student/athletes who have been in trouble? Geez. Talk about looking through rose (pun intended) color glasses. Unlike some, i'm not going to get on this, or any other forum, and start naming names of high school kids and their problems. One day if we ever meet face to face we can have the discussion and have it in a civil manner.

Halls isn't exempt to teenagers doing stupid things, and those teenagers participate in sports and other school sponsored activities. No school is exempt from it.

The Cruze kid screwed up. He's admitted that and has paid a dear price. What's been alledged and what the truth actually are appears to be two entirely separate things, however.

That saying about pointing fingers needs to be brought out about now.

Edited by HTV

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we drop the Cruze story and get to talking about football. Kenny got in trouble and now he is fitting in well at Powell and competing for a starting job at QB or WR. So unless your a Central fan and you're mad that Cruze isn't there anymore, DROP IT

I don't believe that the Central fans are mad that Kenny is not there. Disappointed would be a better word. He was a well liked kid on the team and a good player. We all wish him the best (except for 1 certain game). I really think that once he grabs onto the Powell system, he will wind up being the QB.

I think the 2nd thru 4th spots will be tighter this year in the region. I have Powell as a playoff team behind Maryville and Central. One thing that should be a concern for the Panthers is team speed. They have a huge, talented line and an experienced RB, but teams may clog the middle on them if they can't prove a consistent outside threat.

Regions 3 will be down a little this year. Central will be young but athletic.....Powell will be big and strong again but lacking in team speed .....and Halls will be slightly better than last year. Expect West to finish second with Powell....Central.... and maybe Halls battling it out for the 3rd and 4th spots.

JMO

Did Powell lose WR#5 from last years team?? i thought he was one of their better players

Yep, he only played about half the season last year. He was injured (another concussion) and missed the remainder of the year. Because he's had recurring concussions, he has been advised to give up football, which he has done, and rightly so.

Edited by HTV

Powell will have some trouble on defense. They do have some huge guys in front, but not having any speed to catch or cover will hurt them. Matt will figure out how to get those big boys motivated, just stay behind them and they'll be fine on offense.

I think Powell will be better on defense. If you don't believe me, try to find the Oak Ridge scrimmage tape and watch it. Powell did extremely well against the run, even with Lakin going down in the first couple of plays. The only question will be the DBs, which has been the question on Powell's defense for the past couple of years. Also with the addition to Cruze, Powell will do better on offense wherever he plays at. My opinion he should play one of the corners too, because I don't think Powell has good corners at all. Plus Powell is getting faster, Cruze posted the fastest 40 time with a 4.65, with three others tying at 4.78. Also some of the linemen have been doing good also, the fastest is Jordan Goodman with a 5.08 with Jared McGaha and John Bruhin in the 5.2 area.

I think Powell will be better on defense. If you don't believe me, try to find the Oak Ridge scrimmage tape and watch it. Powell did extremely well against the run, even with Lakin going down in the first couple of plays. The only question will be the DBs, which has been the question on Powell's defense for the past couple of years. Also with the addition to Cruze, Powell will do better on offense wherever he plays at. My opinion he should play one of the corners too, because I don't think Powell has good corners at all. Plus Powell is getting faster, Cruze posted the fastest 40 time with a 4.65, with three others tying at 4.78. Also some of the linemen have been doing good also, the fastest is Jordan Goodman with a 5.08 with Jared McGaha and John Bruhin in the 5.2 area.

4.65 and 4.78?.....Maryville has a dozen kids faster than 4.65 and a 210 pound defensive end that is faster than 4.78. Your defense better play outstanding assignment ball or they will be run off the field.

4.65 and 4.78?.....Maryville has a dozen kids faster than 4.65 and a 210 pound defensive end that is faster than 4.78. Your defense better play outstanding assignment ball or they will be run off the field.

But these times were after them working out, i bet if all they did was run the 40 they would have faster times, plus it doesnt matter how fast you are, its how good you play. Also im not saying Maryville recruits, but an alwful lot of good Blout Co. and people from out of state players are going to Maryville, but who knows, all those just might be coincidences.

Edited by Drega06

But these times were after them working out, i bet if all they did was run the 40 they would have faster times, plus it doesnt matter how fast you are, its how good you play. Also im not saying Maryville recruits, but an alwful lot of good Blout Co. and people from out of state players are going to Maryville, but who knows, all those just might be coincidences.

<_< LMBO.....had to go stupid didn't you?....expect another thrashing this year from the Big Red Machine. This one may be worse than most.

I would have loved to witnessed what GQ and his staff could have done with all the tallent that has been wasted at Powell the last few years.

<_< LMBO.....had to go stupid didn't you?....expect another thrashing this year from the Big Red Machine. This one may be worse than most.

I would have loved to witnessed what GQ and his staff could have done with all the tallent that has been wasted at Powell the last few years.

I said that maily because I've heard people from Maryville who have said that they know that they recruit, but that still hasnt been proven yet, plus Powell has wasted talent because the coaching hasnt been that good. Also with no one player that stands out that will try to take the game in his own hands to try to win it Powell will be more balanced on offense and with Lowe moving to head coach, he will have this Powell team better than everyone thinks. Also GQ is a heck of a coach, Ive heard he's gotten offers from colleges to go coach.

Plus the other guy was talking about a 210 lbs DE that runs a 4.78, all I have to say is I hope he can lift alot , because he will get pushed around by Powell's O-line. 210 lbs. isnt exactly big if you look at Powell's DEs last year, which were both easily over 240, even maybe 250. I think, well I know, Maryville will be the toughest team that Powell will play.Powell has to play the best game of the season and don't get down early in the game. If Powell's D can play well and keep them from running the clock and taking advantage of turnovers, Powell will have a shot at winning this game if Powell's offense can get on track and not make the mistakes that they have in the past