• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Meigs

2. Notre Dame

3. Polk

4. Howard

A lot of good football left to play this year in the region. A huge game between Notre Dame and Meigs this week. This could decide who has an early lead on the region. It really is a toss up for the first four spots. These four teams should battle for the playoff spots. Meigs has a lot of maturing to do, but have people in the right places to make a run. Notre Dame and Polk are always in consideration for the title.

ok when it comes down to it polk is young, howard looks like a power house, east ridge is semi-good, grundy is gonna be over looked, notre dame is still gonna be good but not past 2nd round good, tellico is gettin better but still lack in several areas, mcminn central is still gonna have a season thats around 500 but maybe just right at it, sequoyah will be i little better than last year(meaning about 3 wins), and meigs will do like grundy and be over looked but still get beat by teams they dont show up ready to play for....... so by that info i guess that ND will win with the 2nd place team decided by the polk/howard game at polk...

nobody's givin meigs a chance at goin 2 the playoffs??!?!?!?!?!?

nobody's givin meigs a chance at goin 2 the playoffs??!?!?!?!?!?

Don't despair. it's good to be overlooked. Notre-Dame can attest to that, and they got physically whipped by the Tigers last night like they hadn't been in years. I came over to watch the game, and was especially impressed with the Mobriant brothers, and the Roberts kid at QB. And where have you all been hiding that Maddron kid (#10, I think) at wide receiver???? He has the best hands I've seen in years, and his downfield blocking is tremendous. What I was most impressed with was the "team" atmosphere, though. Everyone contributed to the thrashing of the Irish, and the Tigers play together as a team. My hat is off to Coach Martin for not having any superstar mentality on the team.

Don't despair. it's good to be overlooked. Notre-Dame can attest to that, and they got physically whipped by the Tigers last night like they hadn't been in years. I came over to watch the game, and was especially impressed with the Mobriant brothers, and the Roberts kid at QB. And where have you all been hiding that Maddron kid (#10, I think) at wide receiver???? He has the best hands I've seen in years, and his downfield blocking is tremendous. What I was most impressed with was the "team" atmosphere, though. Everyone contributed to the thrashing of the Irish, and the Tigers play together as a team. My hat is off to Coach Martin for not having any superstar mentality on the team.

it was a pretty good game huh? we havent ben hidin maddron newhere, i think he just woke up 4 his senior season :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Meigs County is pulling the upset on everyone. I played for Meigs in 2001 where we were 8-0 and played tyner for the region championship and then got smashed. If Meigs does not get the big head they will beat Polk this week. Just stay focused and you guys will do fine. Go Tigers!

Edited by thomas67

I'm gonna have to say Polk this week cause they shut down the same QB and RB last year and they supposedly have a better defense this year so i'm not seeing there being any difference this year. I think it will be 5 in a row for the Wildcats if they win...pretty good....Go Wildcats! :thumb:

Isn't that the year you all jumped up on down on their T in the center of the field pregame. :D What was that score again, 55-7? Then you lost to Polk and Lipscomb to end the season. Karma's a B ain't it, LOL!!!

Edited by Coach J

He was talking about Meigs. We didn't jump on anybody's T. I don't even think they had any art on the middle of the field. It was 21-7 and then out starting quarterback/Linebacker got taken out of the game. We never come together after that. Yeah, we lost to polk 13-14 and then Lipscomb. It could have been a different story if we did not lose Harris. Oh well, lets look at this week between meigs and polk. It should be a good one and it will decide the region championship I believe.