Class 3A: Region 5 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

You don't have any respect for the Marshall County coaching staff, do you? I believe that most of the staff is new. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. Do you dislike the new staff of the old?

[

I'm not speaking for RamblinWreck, I am sure he has his own opinion..but I would like to say a few things about Marshall Co and our past and present coaching staff.

Coach Johnson is doing a great job and I support him and his staff 100 percent. Things are looking up for MC this year. With that said...some of us are still a little bitter about Coach Mac McCurry. He was truly admired by the majority of the team, and is deeply missed.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??????? :thumb::D

I didn't say you had to agree with me..but there were alot of boys who wanted Coach Mac to stay. For THEM, it has been a tough two years. I guess if you wanted him gone..you got your way!

Let's just give Coach jonson our support now, and have a great season. Go Tigers!!

I didn't say you had to agree with me..but there were alot of boys who wanted Coach Mac to stay. For THEM, it has been a tough two years. I guess if you wanted him gone..you got your way!

Let's just give Coach jonson our support now, and have a great season. Go Tigers!!

No coach does everything right. There is no doubt that coach Macurry knew how to win football games, but I have heard from a multitude of sources that he was borderline crazy. And that is not from the new staff, but from members of th community.

I think Coach Johnson is not well-liked in some aspects, but the kids seem to resond to him, and I expect great things this year for the Tigers.

No coach does everything right. There is no doubt that coach Macurry knew how to win football games, but I have heard from a multitude of sources that he was borderline crazy. And that is not from the new staff, but from members of th community.

I think Coach Johnson is not well-liked in some aspects, but the kids seem to resond to him, and I expect great things this year for the Tigers.

I guess I should have known better than to drag up that topic,huh? :lol: To me, and I'm just speaking for me, he was just "into football" Yes he got mad, he got excited..what coach doesn't? And he did expect his players to do what they were told. I sat at every single football practice and game and saw nothing that should have caused him to lose his job. He did his job..we were winning football games! I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone, but some of us, alot of us, liked the guy.

I personally knew nothing of Johnson until he arrived at MC. So far so good! No complaints!

Marshall Co. is a terrific football team talent wise that will in all likelyhood be playing once November rolls around this year. With that having been said however I do not believe they will beat Lipscomb. It is going to be a good game (I think it will be much like the Marshall-Lipscomb game of 2000). Lipscomb will score their share of points but I predict Marshall will do the same against what's a great DL defense. Hightower had a big chunk of yardage in the game at Lipscomb last season and despite the fact that DL is returning 5 out of their front 7 defensively (Braden Binkley & Hayden Cook being the two lone exceptions) the Mustangs do lose 3 out of 4 starters from the starting secondary. Don't you know that puts a smile on the face of Tigers quarterback Kellen Gower??????

Look The upcoming Seniors at Marshall County have played in Novemeber already they are tired of just playing in November they want to play that Saturday in December and arent gonna stop workin till they get there the only thing in our way is D L so come week 8 i think or 9 we will see just how close to december Marshall County is cause i feel like it will be the battle of the unbeatins (misspelled)it gives me chills thinkin about it right now

• 4 weeks later...

Giles County is a tough, smart, football team. DL and Marshall County and Creekwood will be tough teams but if we (Giles County) play up to our potential, it will be a show to watch. I just hope Gower is back in time for us to play Marshall Co. Should be a great game vs. Cheatham Co. in week 3. Good luck to all the Region 5, 3-A teams, and let the big show begin.

Look The upcoming Seniors at Marshall County have played in Novemeber already they are tired of just playing in November they want to play that Saturday in December and arent gonna stop workin till they get there the only thing in our way is D L so come week 8 i think or 9 we will see just how close to december Marshall County is cause i feel like it will be the battle of the unbeatins (misspelled)it gives me chills thinkin about it right now

Hey Guys -- Don't get in in your head that you have to beat Lipscomb to play in December. Yes that game may, and I say "may" prevent a Region Championship, but not playing in December. The Lipscomb players put on their uniforms just the same as you do. Do they have better talent -- Maybe. Talent doesn't win every football game, luck plays into a lot of wins. Marshall County has as much talent as any team in the state and can win any game on any given night. Take care of every game as if it is a playoff game and you just may be playing in December. Lipscomb is just another regular season game at this time and one that you can win if you stick to the game plan set forth by the coaching staff. The first step to playing in December is winning against Spring Hill. Take care of this game this week and next week move on from there.

Put your faith in the coaches and go out and play to the best of your ability and let the wins and losses fall where they may.

Hey Guys -- Don't get in in your head that you have to beat Lipscomb to play in December. Yes that game may, and I say "may" prevent a Region Championship, but not playing in December. The Lipscomb players put on their uniforms just the same as you do. Do they have better talent -- Maybe. Talent doesn't win every football game, luck plays into a lot of wins. Marshall County has as much talent as any team in the state and can win any game on any given night. Take care of every game as if it is a playoff game and you just may be playing in December. Lipscomb is just another regular season game at this time and one that you can win if you stick to the game plan set forth by the coaching staff. The first step to playing in December is winning against Spring Hill. Take care of this game this week and next week move on from there.

Put your faith in the coaches and go out and play to the best of your ability and let the wins and losses fall where they may.

Here, here!