Class 4A: Region 1 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

A little birdie told me that South is putting Phillips at a back position and that Bo Shanks was Qbing. And from the round up I believe that certain teams will surprise everyone. You cant bet on the last years performance to tell who is gonna be up this year due to so many senior losses. I am really excited about this year. Hope everyone else is. If any news on south let us know if this is so.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little birdie told me that South is putting Phillips at a back position and that Bo Shanks was Qbing. And from the round up I believe that certain teams will surprise everyone. You cant bet on the last years performance to tell who is gonna be up this year due to so many senior losses. I am really excited about this year. Hope everyone else is. If any news on south let us know if this is so.

guru, honestly I think your little birdie should stick to his Coco Puffs. Let's think about the little birdie advice a minute. Suppose you had arguably the top player in East TN, last year's All-State QB, whom had, what is no secret, a shoulder injury. Now would you put that all-state QB in at RB/TB? Don't think that would be very smart... but maybe that's just my warped sense of things. I do think Phillips would make a good RB. He'd also be the top LB in our area if he played Defense. As for who will play QB for the Rebels - I guess only Coach Carter knows. As far as RB goes, Taylor Fletcher should be there. But heck... what do I really know about highschool football anyway? Let's go with guru's birdie.... :thumb:

The truth is with 20+ seniors and mostly all returning starters (some 3 year starters) Sullivan Central will be the PowerHouse from the Athlete Perspective. However, teams aren't just made of athletes. There is also the coaching factor. So..... even though Sullivan Central will have the most loaded deck of all the high schools east of Knoxville we'll have to see what happens. Even though Sullivan Central is loaded, I'm still wondering if TN High or Sullivan South will take the cake.

Good to see that everyone is supportive of thier teams. I think the conference will be more balanced this year and that coveted "Mt. Lakes Title" is certainly up for grabs.

As for Central, who is going to replace Shipley, Clark and Miller, not to mention Lane and Nash? Those guys really carried alot of the offensive load for the Cougars. South, TN High and Elizabethton have alot of thier offense in place from last year to the best of my memory......which is fading fast. North has a tough Clifton coming back to carry some load and only time will tell if Action is going to come through. North lost alot of punch but is always tough on the field. Then there is Johnson County who is always one of the hardest hitting teams. I am sure that Sullivan East matured thru last season exploits. It is going to be a very tough year for all of these young men. Hold on!!!!!

I think Tennessee High's strong points are the defense ( 8 starters returning) and the experience returning on the lines.

Tennessee High, Elizabethton, and South are almost a sure lock for the playoffs. I think the other spot will be taken by either North or Central. East lost too many starters to be a major factor.