Oliver Springs Head Coach?

Fromrange

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question to ask before the bashing begins....does McKamey teach a subject that has an opening for a teaching position? He may be the perfect coach, but there may be no room for him based on the educational needs.

The teaching position at Oliver Springs that will be filled is for a Health class. I do know for a fact that Coach McKamey has his teaching license, and would have been able to fill the position of teaching Health, heck, I think I could teach health. And yes coach McKamey coached in Clinton at one time.

Edited by catback

Well the word via the grape vine, is that McKamey was offered the position of head coach last Friday, but, he had already accepted a position at Anderson County. Now, Mr.Woods is on vacation this week, so the boys still don"t have a head coach and the person responsible for hiring one is on vacation. To all concerned, nows the time to be heard! or this seasons going to be a long one!

Well the word via the grape vine, is that McKamey was offered the position of head coach last Friday, but, he had already accepted a position at Anderson County. Now, Mr.Woods is on vacation this week, so the boys still don"t have a head coach and the person responsible for hiring one is on vacation. To all concerned, nows the time to be heard! or this seasons going to be a long one!

Doesn't sound like this situation was handled very smoothly. The OS principal needs to understand that the football program is important to a lot of people and that it deserves the "right" amount of attention. I'm sure he has alot on his mind besides football, but it all needs to be taken care of. I think if he had been a little more decisive the situation would be a little different right now.

Edited by oskie

If McKamey is now at AC, then why was he seen on the OS campus this evening helping during the conditioning? I am very curious how much all of this is true. I still think there must be a hitch to why he is not already hired.....maybe he is only certifitied to teach a spot OSHS doesn't have. I think it will all work out. The last thing that needs to happen is people attacking the school and administration with only half of the information............too many assumptions floating around by all of these so-called Bobcat fans!!

Go Bobcats!!

If McKamey is now at AC, then why was he seen on the OS campus this evening helping during the conditioning? I am very curious how much all of this is true. I still think there must be a hitch to why he is not already hired.....maybe he is only certified to teach a spot OSHS doesn't have. I think it will all work out. The last thing that needs to happen is people attacking the school and administration with only half of the information............too many assumptions floating around by all of these so-called Bobcat fans!!

Go Bobcats!!

Sorry Cookevegas3, your the one that's wrong, Coach McKamey was at the workouts tonight to tell the boys what the situation was, and that is, that he has accepted a position at Anderson County, and OS did offer him the position Friday but he had already accepted one at Anderson County, these were his own words, and as far as the teaching position, the superintendent of the roane county schools, told me Friday that the teaching position at OS was that of a health teacher, and McKamey was a qualified candidate. I have posted what I have been told by either Coach McKamey himself, or the principal Mr. Woods, and the Superintendent Toni McGriff. In one of my post I posted the wrong information about Mr. Roberts, and I corrected it, and apologized for it! I think its you that need to get your facts straight! Before you come on here and accuse someone of lying! I can't PM you because your not a Member of CoachT. Its obvious you have been told that the teaching position is what the hold up is, even though Dr.McGriff has told me he had the credentials, and even after Mr.Woods made him an offer last Friday. Your concern in that area doesn't jive. If your a true OS fan, get off your backside, and do something positive to help the situation! And this so-called fans taxes, pays your salary!

Edited by catback