Db vs South

readnoevil

Crowe has been hurt and not playing. It was Ringley. Any truth to the rumor I heard last night that two of our OL were hurt? I heard the starting center tore his MCL and one other broke his foot. I hope this isn't true......

If true we will be hurting. I know on the coaches show that coach Carter said there were no injuries coming out of the Happy Valley game. If true it would have had to happen in practice this week. Can someone confirm?

Edited by 83SouthRebel

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before maybe so, but Phillips is bigger than any linebacker or defensive back that DB has and probably faster. They may get some good licks on him but at the same time I would say he will be bowling over some people out there too.

Brock do you really think that... or are you just trying to get Phillips hurt?! I know you’re a Central boy…and the ONLY chance you guys have of beating South Sep 1st is if Phillips AND Jeffers both get put out of the game this week!!! ;):D:D

(The part about players getting hurt was just a joke…I would never take joy in ANY player getting injured…and I’m sure brock feels the same way). Thought I’d clear that up right of the bat, because I know how sensitive some of you are out there.

Edited by Cap1

Brock do you really think that... or are you just trying to get Phillips hurt?! I know you’re a Central boy…and the ONLY chance you guys have of beating South Sep 1st is if Phillips AND Jeffers both get put out of the game this week!!! :o:):)

(The part about players getting hurt was just a joke…I would never take joy in ANY player getting injured…and I’m sure brock feels the same way). Thought I’d clear that up right of the bat, because I know how sensitive some of you are out there.

My point was that I don't think DB is going to be able knock around Phillips like they do other QB's that run because of his size.

To be honest I don't think it will be a very physical game at all. From what I have heard it looks like both teams like to air it out and both QB's like to run. I could see the score being something like 42-35.

And Central is going to need a lot more than that to win that game. Its not so much the defense but the offense needs some serious work. Not that I don't think Central has the talent but it just seems like they are not prepared for these games.

Phillips is an excellent football player no doubt about it…but he’s not superman!! Souths best chance in winning this game is if Phillips is able to pick away at the DB secondary. If he tries to do it himself by running the ball every other play it’s going to be a long night for him. And whoever made the statement “I really don’t know if db can get enough men too curt to bring him down, because on first contact he isn’t going down” has not seen DB play! As I’ve said before…them boys hit hard…REAL HARD… even in the secondary!! Phillips is a strong runner and will account for most of Souths rushing yards…but threw the course of the night he WILL get the wood laid to him!!! :)

And I’m like others on this thread…is there anybody else on Souths football team?????????? Who’s the quick receiver I saw in the Jamboree (I think he was #5)?

Smith did a heck of a job for Elizabethton but had to play both ways and was totally exhausted. They'll get him rest this week on defense as their game goes. Point is, my boy got a good look at Smith after the game in the locker room. He was bruised up pretty bad, but hey, that's the way he likes it. Competitor :o Phillips is bigger and will probably run more (does Phillips run a 4.5 40?). It will take a BIG toll on him as well and he'll probably take a worse beating. Good thing he watches his defense play, but he'll get beat up by DBs DEFENSE as well.

Crowe has been hurt and not playing. It was Ringley. Any truth to the rumor I heard last night that two of our OL were hurt? I heard the starting center tore his MCL and one other broke his foot. I hope this isn't true......

Center is out for 2-3 weeks (knee) the other, defensive tackle, hyperextended one of his toe's.

After quite a long hiatus due mainly to a forgotten password the doc is back... I wish I could make the trip to kingsport for this game cause I think its gonna be a good one...

A few things I would like to point out... I think the most interesting matchup is souths offense vs. db's defense... db's defense looked a little rusty friday night against elizabethton but they still held their own. Theres no coach I trust more in getting a defense ready than catfish watson... hes in a league of his own as far as defensive coach's go. Facing a qb like the cyclones' will be helpful for db because his game is a lot like south's qb. The linebackers will be watching for him to run and if he does take off he will get hit. The secondary should look a lot more improved this week after watching last weeks game film and learning from it.

My biggest question is can souths d stop DB's offense? I have read people claiming that their defense will stop db's run game, but unless this is a completely different kind of south team, than I dont see that happening. Especially if Sylvester gets more carries. This kid is gonna be a big time player, he has excellent speed, reads his blocks and makes great cuts accordingly, and seems to have a toughness about him.

My prediction is a good game with the indians coming out on top 28-21, a little closer than I'd like it, but its still the DB and their playing south...

And hopefully the window problem is fixed at db this game, because that was a very scary incident... in fact my shoulders still recovering from its slicing

Edited by drdb2

Good post Doc.

It's Jimmy Leg Time!! DB vs Sullivan South. Both Teams are expected to be good to great this year. It could be a record crowd at J. Fred Johnson Stadium Thur. Night.

South want to end the streak (12) and beat the Indians. Something that has proven very dificult for any team from Kingsport to Greeneville during the Graham Clark Era. This being his 14th Season as Head Man for the Tribe, G-Man will have coached 50 games vs. "local Teams" by the end of the Season. Right now his record in 47 games is 43-4!! Amazing. During that time, DB has grasped victory from the hands of defeat more than once, last year @ South was one of the times.

Game Prediction: Huge Crowd will have both teams so pumped up to start, both teams score on opening drives. Maybe tied 14-14 or 17-17 at half. I think that come the 3rd Qtr, the pounding that the LB's of DB will put on QB Curt Phillips will start to take it's toll. DB pulls away to win, in an very exciting game (at least for a half) and win by 1 maybe 2 scores.

DB 31

South 20

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Well, I might as well make a prediction. Have to go with the heart here. Nothing would surprise me in this game. South or D-B could win small or big and I wouldn't be surprised at all. But, here goes. I'll say Curt rushes for over 80 yards and throws for over 150 and the Rebs win 24-20. Here's to an injury free game!

Smith did a heck of a job for Elizabethton but had to play both ways and was totally exhausted. They'll get him rest this week on defense as their game goes. Point is, my boy got a good look at Smith after the game in the locker room. He was bruised up pretty bad, but hey, that's the way he likes it. Competitor :thumb: Phillips is bigger and will probably run more (does Phillips run a 4.5 40?). It will take a BIG toll on him as well and he'll probably take a worse beating. Good thing he watches his defense play, but he'll get beat up by DBs DEFENSE as well.

Hey "Tell The Truth", I'm new to the area. Will the DB vs. South game be a good one to go tommorrow night? Does your boy play for Elizabethton? I saw them play last night on cable tv. Channel 13 I think. What position does he play & what number is he? That quarterback (#8) for Eliz. looked pretty good. Will the Eliz. Science Hill game be on cable also? I hope to be able to come out and watch in person if I can get some time off from work. Hope you guys do well this season!