Db vs South

readnoevil

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

south's D line will force DB to pass every down, not gonna be able to run on these boys...and u better hope they can hold them off for a pass....it will be a good game...if south can be blocked.???????

i would like to get the starting D line's names and please tell me who is gonna stop the wideouts? curt really is a great player but he didnt throw much last year and i understand that south lost 2 or 3 rbs so is curt gonna throw on the dbacks from db or are they gonna run all the time?

also who is gonna stop andrew pappas who is one of the biggest high school football players ive ever seen and cody burnette who is a wild one? if south stops db on the line with those 2 running the ball then that will shock alot of people.

db really isnt worried about the big bad rebs right now though its all about betsy. so when that game is over i will get back to you about the db vs south game have a good one

Should be a very close game again this year. I think the Rebels have one of their better teams in recent years and as usual the Tribe will be tough. Since it's at one of my least favorite stadiums to visit I think the home team has the edge. But it should be a slobberknocker!

I think I will wait until I see the results of DB / Betsy and South / Happy Valley before I make my pick. I have seen the South QB and he can thread the needle. Will he have time to pass? Are the DB defensive backs quick and big enough to cover the South wide outs? Will South have a running game that will open up the passing game? Can DB score on South's Defense? Can South contain the DB backfield? Too many questions to answer. After Week Zero we will know more. I think it will be a big win by DB and a big win by South in Week Zero. :unsure:

LOL.......DB your right is stout.... so is south..... boonie was right make all predicts after week one... and DB don't rule out Betsy..... you looked past round one of the playoffs last year ??????

No.....actually DB lost to a better team in the first round last year. No excuses.

I don't think DB looked past round 1 of the playoffs last year. Ooltewah was stacked. In fact Region 2 5A was on another level when compared to Region 1 5A last year. Any of the top 4 teams in Region 2 would have probably beaten DB last year and certainly beaten anyone else in Region 1 by a landslide. Remember Oak Ridge only lost two games; the state championship and to Ooltewah at Oak Ridge. People that know football gave the edge to Ooltewah in that playoff game as Ooltewah was Senior heavy, deep on talent, size, and speed and DB was young and supposedly a bit down last year.

However this year Region 1 has gained some ground on Region 2 with Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, and Farragut down a bit. In Region 1 Sevier County and DB will pick it up a bit from last year

Edited by bud

Oh and by the way......Talking about looking ahead, isn't South's first game with Happy Valley. I haven't even heard Happy Valley mentioned on here. Its been all South vs. DB. At least theres a thread on DB vs. Betsy that is now 3 pages long.

Oh well, I think Happy Valley only has 7 players anyway. Maybe thats why South is not so worred about them.