Division II: Region AAA Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Very tough to pick, as always. Unlike last year, BA has the most talent overall, but IMHO, they also had it in 2001 and 2004 yet did not win. They must get more productivity out of the QB position, as they have, arguably, two of the top 3 or 4 receivers in DII AAA. MBA is always very tough, and both MUS and McCallie will also have very good teams.

The usual "murderer's row" preseason schedules for all these teams will tell us a lot.

Anyone want to predict what BA's first offensive play of the season will be?? :D

My guess will be L Right 26

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys don't even understand. CJ is a freaking beast. I go to BA and went to the scrimmage today against BHS. He is just unbelievable. He is faster than Ty, stronger than Ryan, and just shakes people off like crazy. He got into the program late in the summer, so Tyree/Ryan will probably start the first two games at RB, than after he learns all the plays(not that we have more than 5), CJ will start at RB. He will also start at LB, and let me tell you, anyone he touched in the scrimmage got hit...hard. He took down the Mustin kid like it was nothing. He has already gotten a letter from...get this...Miami. That's right the U. As well as just dominating, he also allows us to use Tyree in a more "Reggie Bush" type of role, rather than just hoping he could speed his way into the endzone. It's going down this year.

You guys don't even understand. CJ is a freaking beast. I go to BA and went to the scrimmage today against BHS. He is just unbelievable. He is faster than Ty, stronger than Ryan, and just shakes people off like crazy. He got into the program late in the summer, so Tyree/Ryan will probably start the first two games at RB, than after he learns all the plays(not that we have more than 5), CJ will start at RB. He will also start at LB, and let me tell you, anyone he touched in the scrimmage got hit...hard. He took down the Mustin kid like it was nothing. He has already gotten a letter from...get this...Miami. That's right the U. As well as just dominating, he also allows us to use Tyree in a more "Reggie Bush" type of role, rather than just hoping he could speed his way into the endzone. It's going down this year.

I am not disputing any of your points. However, let's contain our excitement and let his performances do the talking. He is an extremely nice, modest kid.

sorry for interrupting, but who has won it all the past two years...? Dont count the Owls out just yet. Park is returning along with a good offensive line and a solid defense. Im not saying they will three peat but they do have a legitimate shot. This region is going to be tough. Anyone can beat anyone.

I agree with vols2587 that all teams are tough and have a shot. In no other division is every week a possible win... or a possible loss. There are no givens.

And every year over the past 3 or 4 there have been page after page of BA highlights and they just haven't won it recently. Is this the year?

I agree with vols2587 that all teams are tough and have a shot. In no other division is every week a possible win... or a possible loss. There are no givens.

And every year over the past 3 or 4 there have been page after page of BA highlights and they just haven't won it recently. Is this the year?

I agree with you guys, as well. We (BA) had the best players in 2002 and didn't win it. It takes a lot more than good players to win it all in DII AAA.

Well, the season is upon us, and I think it's going to be a great year for the league. I think the league is stronger from top to bottom than last year, and the league went 30-6 against non-DIIAAA opponents last year. Time will tell if that record can at least be matched. With Riverdale, Ravenwood, Franklin, Melrose, Alcoa, Nease (FL), Meridian (MS), Manual (KY), Trinity (KY), and a few other tough ones on the schedules, it will be tough, but the league should hold its own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks as though a good chunk of DIIAAA is down this year. MUS loss to ECS is a surprise. MBA has had injuries although looks like a good win over a solid CPA team. Still does not look like the MBA of a few short years ago. CBHS loses badly to Father Ryan. As has been normal the past few years, pre-season hype of BA is huge but it does not look as though they are living up to expectations. Father Ryan is obviously better although not ready to compete for the gold ball. I have referenced a couple of times on other posts--can anyone score enough to hang with McCallie? From what I have seen and read, I don't think so.