Offensive Sets/Philosophies

Solomon

Been meaning to pose this for quite a while, the 3-3 thread made me decide to do it.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the 3-receiver set and a run/pass ratio of 60/40. I became a big fan of the 3 receiver I when Manning was at UT, and think with a smart high school QB that can read a defense and make a decision at the line that it would work well in high school as well. I've seen it work for a few teams.

I've also grown to like the single-back, 3 receiver sets as well, especially if you have a versatile tight end who can serve as a blocker and a receiving threat. If you have one of these and can use them as a TE/H-back, you can do a lot out of the formation.

I guess the biggest drawback to it is that most teams (especially smaller schools) don't have three legit receiving threats and a QB to honestly make other teams respect the pass enough to spread out.

What's everyone else's preferences?

Been meaning to pose this for quite a while, the 3-3 thread made me decide to do it.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the 3-receiver set and a run/pass ratio of 60/40. I became a big fan of the 3 receiver I when Manning was at UT, and think with a smart high school QB that can read a defense and make a decision at the line that it would work well in high school as well. I've seen it work for a few teams.

I've also grown to like the single-back, 3 receiver sets as well, especially if you have a versatile tight end who can serve as a blocker and a receiving threat. If you have one of these and can use them as a TE/H-back, you can do a lot out of the formation.

I guess the biggest drawback to it is that most teams (especially smaller schools) don't have three legit receiving threats and a QB to honestly make other teams respect the pass enough to spread out.

What's everyone else's preferences?

Pro I set, Isolation, Full use of the TE. Send a physical message to the defense with a hard hitting fullback with decent hands.... Nice to have a quick scatback to go into a single back set. I also like 60/40 myself. If you can't run it, you can't win championships.

Edited by rcombs