Coffee County AT Brentwood WEEK ZERO

As we get back to the game talk i want to remind all fans out there that not only does Brentwood lose 80 percent of their starters but that they also will be installing a new QB into a very complex and diverse playbook. Look for both teams to use the first quarter (maybe half) to feel out their teams abilities with a much more agressive and physical game to be played in the second half.

I don't follow CC football too much but i know they have LeHawkins coming back which should boost their confidence when it comes to playmaking ability and leadership. The one thing that could possibly hurt Brentwood would be lack of experience, and with that comes on-the-field leadership.

Don't want to make any predictions on this fresh slate of a year but it will be closer than last year's stomping.

A.C. signing off

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was 21-7 at the end of the first quarter, 41-7 at halftime. Bruins called off the dogs the second half, final score 41-10.

Yes, Brentwood loses 80% of its offense. Brentwood ALWAYS loses around that number each year, and on defense as well. They are typically a senior-dominated team, but the underclassmen are routinely rotated in so they have a lot of experience. Plus, you can't underestimate the extra experience of playoff practice and football each year. That is why the same teams typically make the playoffs year in and year out, yet still suffer significant graduation losses. It is called reloading. And in historically the toughest 5A region, they are well-honed as are most of the teams in this region.

First game of the year, both teams will be experiencing a lot of new people in new positions. I think it will be closer, but with no change in the ultimate outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

No contest. Brentwood wins easily. Sorry for stating what I think Coffee County, but not against these guys.

Don't be sorry,you should say what you think. Brentwood may win,and should be the favored team but CC has put in the hours in the off season,scrimmaged Riverdale, Cleveland {spring} Smyrna, Tyner and Wilson Central {fall} all excellent 2005 teams, so they could be more competitive with good teams like Brentwood.