Lake County

bballchamps

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lc9, we probably had our best day of fall yesterday. Kids were upbeat and really got after each other in tackle drills. I hope we are ready for the scrimmage. It is going to be a huge order taking on those guys. Bottomline is we need the work so we can see where we need to improve and also it gives us an opportunity to evaluate players. With 29 kids on roster we need our scrimmages so we can evaluate and make adjustments where needed. Hope you can make it down. Talked to coach Pratt and we are going to try and start at 3:00 p.m.

By the way..The post isn't up anymore and it's hard to remember some names because there are so many L.C. fans but aren't you the one that ask if my son was going to be an All-American like his Pops..I told you ..I didn't know if he would be or not..but he was going to play baseball against Lake Co about a week later..I told you he would be the pitcher,catcher and 3rd baseman..And I told you he could hit it out if he got hold of one..Did you go like I wanted you to?If you did..You would have seen he was about 10-14 in the tournament..He hit a couple out..one off the fence and one about a foot from the fence..In other words..against Lake Co he just about hit a home run all 3 times he batted..Plus..he pitched two games against Lake Co..won both games..The two games he didn't pitch against Lake Co..Lake Co won...But..I doubt if you were there...Somebody probably had to tell you about it!

bigster im glad your son is doing well!!! im not into bashing kids so ill let your pride when this termoil,, all i want to know is what happend to dixi all stars? didnt he play both this year? welllll the stories i herd was he made newburn all stars but well like i said im not into bashing kids. i think you need to be a coach and catch some of the slack that you give wardog,, barger has great kids and he has coached them well turning a struggling team around.. lake county is back to being a team to be reconized rather than a wipping post.. the 2007 team will rank with the 70's and 80's teams in my book.. thanks to barger and his staff.. well tell me about the news of you being a trader. the news around lake county is that your a used car salsman in crockett county. why didnt you open your buisness in lake county and support local buisness :unsure:

bigster im glad your son is doing well!!! im not into bashing kids so ill let your pride when this termoil,, all i want to know is what happend to dixi all stars? didnt he play both this year? welllll the stories i herd was he made newburn all stars but well like i said im not into bashing kids. i think you need to be a coach and catch some of the slack that you give wardog,, barger has great kids and he has coached them well turning a struggling team around.. lake county is back to being a team to be reconized rather than a wipping post.. the 2007 team will rank with the 70's and 80's teams in my book.. thanks to barger and his staff.. well tell me about the news of you being a trader. the news around lake county is that your a used car salsman in crockett county. why didnt you open your buisness in lake county and support local buisness :lol:

You seem to know so much...he didn't play the last month at Dyersburg..He pitched all 4 times against the loaded team that basically won the state and is going to the World Series..We had the lead against that team going into the last inning..We had a double headr against that team and our coach put his son in to pitch against the same team and we lost 11-1..The second game of the doubleheader..my son pitched and we were winning 2-1 in the last inning and got beat 5-3 due to a couple errors...He held his end of the bargain up against a team that was a lot more talented than we had...And we did have a player make the same dixie boys all-star team..A player that was probably the 3rd best player on our team..So..maybe you need to quit listening to something you don't know and come watch for yourself...Maybe you're too busy watching girl's softball...As far as me being a trader...everyone knows that Lake Co is one of the poorest counties in the State..but if you have the money..I'll be glad to sell you one!I hate to see you having to post at 3:00 in the morning..Tell Mikey to let you off a little earlier so you can post....

bigster im glad your son is doing well!!! im not into bashing kids so ill let your pride when this termoil,, all i want to know is what happend to dixi all stars? didnt he play both this year? welllll the stories i herd was he made newburn all stars but well like i said im not into bashing kids. i think you need to be a coach and catch some of the slack that you give wardog,, barger has great kids and he has coached them well turning a struggling team around.. lake county is back to being a team to be reconized rather than a wipping post.. the 2007 team will rank with the 70's and 80's teams in my book.. thanks to barger and his staff.. well tell me about the news of you being a trader. the news around lake county is that your a used car salsman in crockett county. why didnt you open your buisness in lake county and support local buisness :lol:

barger has great kids and he has coached them well turning a struggling team around.. lake county is back to being a team to be reconized rather than a wipping post.. the 2007 team will rank with the 70's and 80's teams in my book..

Now to reply about this sentence..I will admit I have been a little harsh at times...That's what this post is for..I never said they weren't great kids and Coach Barger wasn't a great coach..And ..I have talked to Coach Barger about some of those things I said..I'm sorry I said some of them..He told me he kind of got a laugh about the middle school playbook..Now..I just hope he doesn't find the Trojan playbook..As far as being ranked with the teams from the 70's and eighties..I hope they have a season as great as those teams had..If so..they will win a State championship....But..with you being an outsider and never watching those teams play..I will say..it is going to be very hard to be comparesd to those teams that had Kenny Flagg,Frederick Tharpe,Joe March,Greg Ross,etc..They may compare with some of your Trojan teams..so I'll just leave it at that!

Edited by mrbigster

You seem to know so much...he didn't play the last month at Dyersburg..He pitched all 4 times against the loaded team that basically won the state and is going to the World Series..We had the lead against that team going into the last inning..We had a double headr against that team and our coach put his son in to pitch against the same team and we lost 11-1..The second game of the doubleheader..my son pitched and we were winning 2-1 in the last inning and got beat 5-3 due to a couple errors...He held his end of the bargain up against a team that was a lot more talented than we had...And we did have a player make the same dixie boys all-star team..A player that was probably the 3rd best player on our team..So..maybe you need to quit listening to something you don't know and come watch for yourself...Maybe you're too busy watching girl's softball...As far as me being a trader...everyone knows that Lake Co is one of the poorest counties in the State..but if you have the money..I'll be glad to sell you one!I hate to see you having to post at 3:00 in the morning..Tell Mikey to let you off a little earlier so you can post....

who is mikey? i dont know you personaly bigster. just read alot of the slack you give barger so thought i would pic at you a little dont get mad :lol: And i wouldnt bash lake county about being poor either. most of lake county people work in dyer county and union city..the poor thing was a blow to your roots as well but lets get back to football and how did the three way go today have you heard

who is mikey? i dont know you personaly bigster. just read alot of the slack you give barger so thought i would pic at you a little dont get mad :lol: And i wouldnt bash lake county about being poor either. most of lake county people work in dyer county and union city..the poor thing was a blow to your roots as well but lets get back to football and how did the three way go today have you heard

As for Mikey..I thought you you were really someone I worked with ..As for Lake Co being poor..I know there are a lot of people in Lake Co that have great jobs and are doing well in life..But..I was referring to the county as a whole..If one looks at mosr consensus that come out..Lake Co is one of the poorest counties in the State..But..even at that..I thought You worked with me so that's why I also said I would sell you one ..But..You're right..enough of the other stuff and down to football..I haven't heard..I was going to go but got tied up at a car auction yesterday and it statred raining pretty hard so I wasn't sure if they would still have the scrimmage..I know you play a real game in the rain but didn't know if they would reshedule for today..But ..I also heard they moved the scrimmage to

Lake Co instead of Crockett Co..so had I went,I'd have went to Crockett co..Not sure they moved it for sure..just what I heard..But..I have talked to Coach Barger a couple months ago and I think he knows I am basically having fun but.I do take Lake Co sports seriously..I believe he has the boys ready this year..And..I beleve going into every game that Lake Co is going to win..no matter if we are playing Dyersburg,Cov.,Crockett Co..that's just the way I am..Strictly Lake Co all the way and I have been living in Dyer co for 25 years...But..maybe we can meet up..And hopefully have a prett good post back and forth..We may not always agree but that's what's fun..Good luck to both our teams

Guys I enjoy reading post from both Bigster and HS sports fan. The support Lake Co. gets from both of you guys is great!! :lol: Bigster knows that he and I may not see eye to eye on everything but the reason the CoachT board is fun to me is the back and forth jousting between posters. I get a good laugh about some of the posts and things people say. I think you take things with a grain of salt as long as it does not get personal or people take it too personal. I hope we can keep the posts positive and give the kids the support they deserve on the Lake Co. threads all year. Everyone must remember the players and other fans read these threads also and if they become negative it is kind of like an illness, it spreads. Anyway back to the topic, you guys know how long winded I can be, :lol: Scrimmage went well yesterday. The venue changed at the last minute because of rain and thunderstorms. Crockett Co. cancelled and Brighton ended up traveling to T'ville to scrimmage. Varsity action ended 0-0. Both teams had a couple of chances to score but just missed in the 10 play format. It looked like a typical 1st scrimmage for both but overall LC was pleased with their performance against this 4A school who brought around 70 players, and left 30 or so freshman at home. In JV action Brighton won 2-0. No injuries and we got some quality work done today. Good luck to Brighton and GO FALCONS!!

Guys I enjoy reading post from both Bigster and HS sports fan. The support Lake Co. gets from both of you guys is great!! :lol: Bigster knows that he and I may not see eye to eye on everything but the reason the CoachT board is fun to me is the back and forth jousting between posters. I get a good laugh about some of the posts and things people say. I think you take things with a grain of salt as long as it does not get personal or people take it too personal. I hope we can keep the posts positive and give the kids the support they deserve on the Lake Co. threads all year. Everyone must remember the players and other fans read these threads also and if they become negative it is kind of like an illness, it spreads. Anyway back to the topic, you guys know how long winded I can be, ;) Scrimmage went well yesterday. The venue changed at the last minute because of rain and thunderstorms. Crockett Co. cancelled and Brighton ended up traveling to T'ville to scrimmage. Varsity action ended 0-0. Both teams had a couple of chances to score but just missed in the 10 play format. It looked like a typical 1st scrimmage for both but overall LC was pleased with their performance against this 4A school who brought around 70 players, and left 30 or so freshman at home. In JV action Brighton won 2-0. No injuries and we got some quality work done today. Good luck to Brighton and GO FALCONS!!

Sounds like Lake Co did pretty well against Brighton..I like to carry on a little bit because I work with a lot of the Crockett Co and Dyersburg people..I've been telling a guy I work with,he's a former Crockett Co back from the State runnerup team,that Lake Co was going to really put it on them..I also work with a guy from Dyersburg that actually goes to a lot of games with me..His son,Tyler Caldwell is the starting tailback for Dyersburg..I told him that Tyler had better be ready for the pounding that he's going to get..He told me Lake Co can't hit what they can't catch..We have a lot of fun..Tyler is a good kid and went to a couple basketball games with us..But..anyway..If we can stay injury free,maybe I may be able to call the Boro and reserve a couple seats for high school sports and myself...I'm looking and hoping for a great season..And your're right Wardawg..I know several of our players as well as other athletes from other teams are on this site and supposedely is for fun..and sometimes it does get a little heated and I've been guilty of that myself..but I do try to stay away from getting heated with a student as I did a few weeks ago when oxen made a post..I stayed away from that..but he did read what I had written toward you so..after listening to what you've said..I am sorry about some of my posts...After reflecting on some of them..a person could come to the conclusion that I may be a traitor..It won't ever happen..I cut myself earlier and my blood was green...The two prettiest colors there are is GREEN and GOLD!