Lake County

bballchamps

Sorry guys that I haven't posted earlier but we had a busy day yesterday. The LB's and Defense looked good overall against Brighton, with a few exceptions. We must play the FB trap better and tackle better overall I was pleased. We will begin the scrimmage today at 3:30. We will be without starting Guard and MLB Jarvis Bogan who sprained an ankle in practice. Hopefully he will be back for Friday's Jamboree if not definitely next Thurs. vs Humbolt in scrimmage action. We must have some guys step up if and when injuries occur to be successful.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg was the team that came out on top today. They beat LC 2-0 and I think Chester Co. 2-0. Lake Co. again looked pretty good on Defense. Had a great goalline stand against Dyersburg. Must become more consistant on offense. Pass protection still an issue as well as downfield blocking. Had a couple of good drives going but shot ourselves in the foot. Defense is way ahead of the offense right now. Must improve our line play and get our playmakers loose in the secondary. Back to work tomorrow and Thurs. to get ready for the Jamboree.

Lake County will be a very good team but this team will not go that far in the playoffs. Because the lack of deph on this team is very thin it will probley be a team that could win the district but more than likely be out by the second round of the state playoff. If there is a key injury to Springer, Copline, Bogan, Sep, or Jones then there isnt anyone on this team that can even be close to giving the same production as a back up. Even though I'm a Lake County fan, I'm still going to be real about the chances of making a deep run though the playoff will be determine on how much deph is going to be lacking on Lake County bench. But I will see more of LC this Fryday I mean Friday at the Dyerburg football field.

Lake County will be a very good team but this team will not go that far in the playoffs. Because the lack of deph on this team is very thin it will probley be a team that could win the district but more than likely be out by the second round of the state playoff. If there is a key injury to Springer, Copline, Bogan, Sep, or Jones then there isnt anyone on this team that can even be close to giving the same production as a back up. Even though I'm a Lake County fan, I'm still going to be real about the chances of making a deep run though the playoff will be determine on how much deph is going to be lacking on Lake County bench. But I will see more of LC this Fryday I mean Friday at the Dyerburg football field.

In 1-A football most teams do not have alot of depth. Most 1-A schools have their players play both ways and they have the same problems with back up players as Lake Co does. I do agree with you that Lake Co cannot have injuries to key players but this team can make a run in the playoff's if everything comes together.Look at the 1994 team they only had 23 kids on that team with no depth at all and the team went on to play in the 1-A championship game.You do have alittle more depth than you think Carlos Young can play in the defensive backfield,Cranston Tyler played well at inside linebacker in Bogan's absence yesterday.Josh Zabel and Stephen Mills add help in the offensive line if needed.Mills can also play TE if needed. So, Lake Co does have more depth than people think.It will be a very interesting year for LC football.

U know what, them boys from lake county, them dirty birds, they better watch there backs cuz south fulton has it all, i mean what would u expect them to be bad, they aint lost a game in 18 years, Lake County may be good but the red devils are better

Good luck to your Red Devils..They must really be a powerhouse to not have lost in 18 years...I'll be keeping an eye on them this year..Hopefully ,they'll go undefeated again this year!

Dyersburg was the team that came out on top today. They beat LC 2-0 and I think Chester Co. 2-0. Lake Co. again looked pretty good on Defense. Had a great goalline stand against Dyersburg. Must become more consistant on offense. Pass protection still an issue as well as downfield blocking. Had a couple of good drives going but shot ourselves in the foot. Defense is way ahead of the offense right now. Must improve our line play and get our playmakers loose in the secondary. Back to work tomorrow and Thurs. to get ready for the Jamboree.

It doesn't seem by the score that Lake Co played too bad...Did you play 10 downs like most scrimmages or 20..I heard the teams ran twenty plays..But..still without Bogan..and he would be making a lot of plays at linebacker,it's hard to tell what may would happen in a game situation..a team could fumble 2 times in a row and keep possession of the ball in a scrimmage or have a 4th and 10 whereas they would more than likely punt in a game.but in a controlled scrimmage,eventually pick up yards....I wasn't able to make the scrimmage but 2-0 doesn't seem too bad.. and I doubt Lake Co will see any more speed than they saw in Dyersburg with Tyler Caldwell and Rashard Taylor...especially in Single A...On another note..I'm kind of surprised the defense is farther along then the offense but at the same time..kind of glad..I know what Springer and Yancey and Sep are capable of...so if another team isn't scoring against our defense..then we should be in pretty good shape

The scrimmage was set up so each team got 4 plays and then the ball was set for down and distance. That is as long as you made first downs you kept the football. Also, if you fumbled or had a turnover after your first 4 plays you lost possesion. As others have said depth is an issue but it is for every single A team but 1 I can think of! :thumb: Trosdale won the state last year with 28 players dressed. LC went to the finals with 23. The key in any season is you have to be fortunate with injuries. Hope to see everyone at Dyersburg Friday for the Jamboree LC plays 1st and 3rd quarters.

The scrimmage was set up so each team got 4 plays and then the ball was set for down and distance. That is as long as you made first downs you kept the football. Also, if you fumbled or had a turnover after your first 4 plays you lost possesion. As others have said depth is an issue but it is for every single A team but 1 I can think of! :thumb: Trosdale won the state last year with 28 players dressed. LC went to the finals with 23. The key in any season is you have to be fortunate with injuries. Hope to see everyone at Dyersburg Friday for the Jamboree LC plays 1st and 3rd quarters.

Wardawg..I looked back on this post and saw again that we are playing the 1st and 3rd quarter but I didn't see a time..It seems like in years past..the bands play at 6:00 and the games start at 6:30,Is that right ..that we will play at 6:30 or do we play at 7:00?

Edited by mrbigster

Wardawg..I looked back on this post and saw again that we are playing the 1st and 3rd quarter but I didn't see a time..It seems like in years past..the bands play at 6:00 and the games start at 6:30,Is that right ..that we will play at 6:30 or do we play at 7:00?

The first quarter starts at 6:30 with LC-Covington, followed by Covington-Halls, then I guess the third quarter will start somewhere around 7:30 with LC-Gibson Co. The Dyersburg band is playing following the third quarter, then D-burg plays GC and Halls.

All the LC fans that are planning to go need to get their tickets in advance, either at the high school, the Banner or Ray's One Stop in Ridgely. All that money stays with LCHS; if you buy tickets at the gate, all the money is split between the schools.

In 1-A football most teams do not have alot of depth. Most 1-A schools have their players play both ways and they have the same problems with back up players as Lake Co does. I do agree with you that Lake Co cannot have injuries to key players but this team can make a run in the playoff's if everything comes together.Look at the 1994 team they only had 23 kids on that team with no depth at all and the team went on to play in the 1-A championship game.You do have alittle more depth than you think Carlos Young can play in the defensive backfield,Cranston Tyler played well at inside linebacker in Bogan's absence yesterday.Josh Zabel and Stephen Mills add help in the offensive line if needed.Mills can also play TE if needed. So, Lake Co does have more depth than people think.It will be a very interesting year for LC football.

Well in our region we have two teams that have a lot of deph and it showed last year that they could win by having fresher legs at the end of the game than we did. Do i think history will repeat itself, i dont know, But what i do know is that it will be an issue if we play JCS in the playoffs. They are usually a very deep team in football and if we finsh second in the district we will play them in the second round and if we finsh first we will have to play more that likely fayette acd. then jcs in the third round. And plus this isnt the same type team that went to the state title game agaist south pitt. These are two different type of teams And if i was a bettin person i would put that lc1994 team would blow this team out. Plus you wont know how good lake county is by the competition that we play. Our out of district games are horrible (the MS team , halls, fulton county ky) none even were close to a winnin record. Like last year it is good for the program to count wins and loses but when it comes to brass tax we might choke on a cup cake come playoff time. And i think that anyone that look at who we play this year to get to playoffs will see only three team that have winning records.