Cannon County @ Sequatchie County

Well what did everyone think of the scrimmage?

I missed about the first 30-40 minutes of it so most of the 1st teamers action. I think it was easy to see which team had already been through a scrimmage or two in Cannon County they looked pretty good at times and as I have said before they have a great coach in Barger and give him time and you will see the results in Woodbury!

Sequatchie looked about a stepoff and it was a first scrimmage with a new offense. I did see what looked to be a couple of nice passes that could have been deep touchdowns just out of the receivers hands or over throwed by a couple of steps. Some center/QB exchange problems and a few missed assignments and it looked like the first scrimmage of the season.

Some bright spots wr - Bud Christy looked to be in great shape was open almost every play and really brought it on defense and who ever was wearing #47 at right Defensive End he looked very good anyone know who he was the other defensive end (Ronnie Place?) was also doing pretty good I think.

It was hard to tell who the players was unless you knew them as they were wearing practice jerseys with different numbers than what they will have on there game jersey. The Indians are a young team with only about a half dozen seniors but there looked to be some talent but they are young!

I think we should get a better judge on the team after Tuesday scrimmage with Grundy County.

Edited by Sequatchie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think Cannon had played in a scrimmage yet. Teams had three sets of 10 plays, on offense and defense, in varsity, then two sets in JV. Seq was sharper in the first two series, overall, but didn't score, had about 100-40 yardage advantage after two series. Was moving the ball in the first after a long pass of around 50 yards but fumbled. Seq had open receivers several times but just missed on connections or didn't have time to get off a pass, or a good pass. Cannon had about 40 yards combined in their first two series but drove 70 yards for a score in the third, most on the ground and scored on a pass of around 20 yards on their 10th play. Cannon scored 1 in varsity, Sequatchie 0, teams ended with about the same amount of yardage. Cannon's JV/younger players scored twice in 2 possessions. JV is not as strong as it would be since 2 of the best freshman played with the varsity. Seq had two out, four positions as they start both ways, but that gave others a chance to show what they could do. Seq wll get better in every practice, line especially, looked out their once in varsity play and the line was all freshmen and sophomores if I'm not mistaken. Lots of different people carried the ball for Seq and were targets of passes, even in varsity play. One of the best running backs had only three or four carries, for about 40 yards. Both teams had good enthusiasm considering the heat. Cannon brought a good group of fans over. I expect them to compete for a playoff spot, and it would be tough to knock off Smith or Westmoreland but don't count them out for hosting a game.

Edited by Indian

yeah they have had two,white county and witwell,they beat whitwell by four or five scores,and they fell to white by score of 2-1 yeah as far as fans go town support is starting to sky rocket down in woodbury from what i've heard i say it will continue if they start some winninng ways

Do you mean already in the past week, or was that in the spring.