Cannon County @ Sequatchie County

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian, I know you want to stay upbeat but what scrimmage did you watch. sequatchie had one big pass play and that was it. The QB was getting hit every snap. The yardage you mentioned was ridiculous. The Indians were physically dominated after the first series. CCHS held out 4 starters after the first series and scored twice on the Indians as did the JV.

25 yards, 22 yards and 70 yards for Cannon. 75 yards (had to restart from 30), 25 yards, 31 yards for Sequatchie. Virtually equal, unless you want to count the JV numbers. Three plays out of 20 went longer than five yards in the first 20 plays for Cannon, eight for Seq, so yes, Seq was sharper in the first two. Yes, the pass protection needs work. That was known going in and it will be stressed, naturally. Receivers were open in all three possessions, give credit to Cannon for rushing the passer. Cannon didn't stop Seq's Farley for less than 8-10 yards in three carries, probably would have moved the ball better if he'd ran more but there wasn't a need for it in a scrimmage, didn't have the team's leading returning rusher or tackler for any series, or the team's most experienced lineman. All-State receiver was in probably every third play, had about four thrown his way in three possessions. Like I said, that gave others practice time. Cannon took away the dive but gave up yards around the ends. I saw good hits and big defensive plays from both teams, didn't see either dominate physically. Ten of Cannon's 22 runs went for two yards or less, that's pretty good defensive play by Seq too. I only saw Cannon's varsity score one touchdown. They did get a conversion, looked like it was called back on a penalty and another conversion try failed. Hope you don't think I was putting Cannon down at all, if you missed it I said I expect them to be in the race for a home playoff game in round one.

Edited by Indian

got to come down to the yard sale and while wife spent all my money got to go over and see scrimmage. First, what a beautiful place Sequatchie has, first time been there in a long time. I thought they looked weak and wouldn't think that will do too good in that area. Cannon, though was very impressive and thought they did a great job with their offense and defense. Coach very innovative and it looked like he was running a 3-3 defense? He must have stepped out of the traditional box but it looked great. Good defense?

got to come down to the yard sale and while wife spent all my money got to go over and see scrimmage. First, what a beautiful place Sequatchie has, first time been there in a long time. I thought they looked weak and wouldn't think that will do too good in that area. Cannon, though was very impressive and thought they did a great job with their offense and defense. Coach very innovative and it looked like he was running a 3-3 defense? He must have stepped out of the traditional box but it looked great. Good defense?

This was the first scrimage for the Indians with a new HC, New offense and new defense things should get better and was the 3rd scrimmage for Cannon.

thats what i thought. i belive the line man was that big senior. he seemed to do very well last year but who was the lb that was out.

Justin Walden (6'1, 195) led the team in tackles last year and was 2nd team All-Area he is also the starting running back. It will make a big diffrence when he is back on the field.

This was the first scrimage for the Indians with a new HC, New offense and new defense things should get better and was the 3rd scrimmage for Cannon.

Justin Walden (6'1, 195) led the team in tackles last year and was 2nd team All-Area he is also the starting running back. It will make a big diffrence when he is back on the field.

What happened to Wal-nut?