All-time Sequatchie football team

Indian

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he wasn't a player, but one of the greatest assets to Sequatchie Co was Mr. Reynolds. He did the play by play announcing for...several decades. A fine gentleman and I believe he had a lot to do with Sequatchie Co having such fine athletic facilities. He is also in the TSAA Hall of Fame.

Actually he did play in the early 1940's his last year playing I think was in '43 or '44 and he is still doing the play by play as well.

I know he wasn't a player, but one of the greatest assets to Sequatchie Co was Mr. Reynolds. He did the play by play announcing for...several decades. A fine gentleman and I believe he had a lot to do with Sequatchie Co having such fine athletic facilities. He is also in the TSAA Hall of Fame.

Here is some info I found when the TSSAA announced there 2002 Hall of Fame Class.

* Wayne Reynolds is unique in that not only is he a sports fan, but more importantly he is the greatest sports supporter a school could have. Wayne graduated from Sequatchie County High School in 1944 and has been the play-by-play announcer for Sequatchie County High School football since 1954, missing only one game in over 47 years. He has served as an officer of the Sequatchie County High School Quarterback Club since 1955 and is presently serving as co-director of athletic construction for Sequatchie County schools' athletic facilities.

Here is some info I found when the TSSAA announced there 2002 Hall of Fame Class.

* Wayne Reynolds is unique in that not only is he a sports fan, but more importantly he is the greatest sports supporter a school could have. Wayne graduated from Sequatchie County High School in 1944 and has been the play-by-play announcer for Sequatchie County High School football since 1954, missing only one game in over 47 years. He has served as an officer of the Sequatchie County High School Quarterback Club since 1955 and is presently serving as co-director of athletic construction for Sequatchie County schools' athletic facilities.

Thanks...it is a honor to be in the Hall of Fame and Mr. Stewart is well deserving. 52 yrs is a lot of yrs.

Why is there only players from the modern era listed? The team from 73' was unbelievable. 27 players 12 seniors. Seen 'em on film. They were very good. Spotted Whitwell 7 that year and proceeded to reel off 41 unanswered points. Whitwell had Henry Yarber(all-state) one of the best to come through that program. Fritz as the Best coach? Try Garren the coach of the '73 team. did Fritz ever get past the second round?

I will get a list of the players from the '73 team and put then on here. Just to name a few. Terry Dishman(All-Conference) , Mark McGuire(All-State)(both rushed for over 1000 yds in '73),

Freddie Clayton(All State), Randall Partin(Most Valuable Lineman), James Kilgore,

Kent Tate, Barry Layne,

Why is there only players from the modern era listed? The team from 73' was unbelievable. 27 players 12 seniors. Seen 'em on film. They were very good. Spotted Whitwell 7 that year and proceeded to reel off 41 unanswered points. Whitwell had Henry Yarber(all-state) one of the best to come through that program. Fritz as the Best coach? Try Garren the coach of the '73 team. did Fritz ever get past the second round?

I will get a list of the players from the '73 team and put then on here. Just to name a few. Terry Dishman(All-Conference) , Mark McGuire(All-State)(both rushed for over 1000 yds in '73),

Freddie Clayton(All State), Randall Partin(Most Valuable Lineman), James Kilgore,

Kent Tate, Barry Layne,

Well one reason that was 7 years before my time as I was born in '79. SCHS#23 was born around that same time if not the same year. I think the first game I went to was in '89-'90 when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade so I remember those players up to today. I mentioned Terry Dishman in a post earlier of the ones you mentioned the only other one I actually know is Freddie Clayton. I would have liked to have seen those games from that year as well as some of the other great seasons.