Smyrna vs. Lavergne

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess was over after the 1st two plays the game was decided.. Smyrna came out PUMPED.. LaVergne got the ball 1st and on the 1st play the fumble and on the very next play Gray to Wilks.. Then a onside kick that same quater definately gave Smyrna the momentum. Smyrna came to play and looked like a team not to be messed with.. Something else I thought was funny is Lavergne walked through Smyrnas tunnel b4 the game.. bet they wont do that again.. So lets start hearing the excuses LAVergne.. Gray with only 1 catch.. What happened..

Not going into detail but all i can say is we got beat by everybody.....smyrna, referees, and most of all ourselves....they beat us in every aspect of the game....smyrna wanted it more and they will be good, we will too, i guarantee you that..

Please tell me how the refs beat yall.. Smyrna dominated from the 1st play.. LaVergne got all hyped up for nothing.. They just weren't ready... Smyrna is to deep in every position... and Sonny Gray is the best QB in the state and its not bad to have him and also Wilks..

Smyrna's defense caused some pressure on Rodriguez, but really, he couldn't get the ball to the receivers. There were times when Tillery looked to make a move but then when LaVergne had to throw the QB couldn't get the ball to receivers, except for that one drive that made it 14-6.

Smyrna's offense is impressive, but I still would like to see Wilks be more consistant. He could be one of the best players in the state next year but as a high level receiver you don't want to see drops like the one he had when he was wide open.

Still, Harris and Hendricks were impressive, Sonny Gray was pretty sharp back there, as someone who covers Vandy I was pleased with James Williams growth from last year to this year, and I love how the Crouch kid plays.

LaVergne has a good offensive line and you can see they have a good offense..their quarterback just didn't give them that added dimension tonight and their defense really couldn't answer Smyrna's offense.

Good game, good atmosphere...very hot and humid. The helicopter was cool. They seem to do a lot of that in Rutherford County.

Not going into detail but all i can say is we got beat by everybody.....smyrna, referees, and most of all ourselves....they beat us in every aspect of the game....smyrna wanted it more and they will be good, we will too, i guarantee you that..

did you really say " referees" where is that no excuses come saturday you promised

ok here goes-----

Lavergne blah blah blah

They are the best pre season scrimmage team in the state if you dont believe me just ask them.

Every yr all you here is wow watch out for Lavergne they are beating everybody in 7 on 7 and stuff. Well if this was touch football they would be state champs.

Everyone at the game knows the real score 42 to 14 they scored their last td with their ones against our threes ( this is a term all scrimmage teams understand)

Lavergnes offense -- the new has worn off and other teams like smyrna will adjust as teams did late in the season last yr ( see blackman). They are all smoke and mirrors and even though they are massive up front they can not line up and run it at you.

Lavergne kicking game -- have seen middle school teams with better kicking games and this will kill them in tight games

Lavergne coaching - lets just say it was bad, they should spend less time doing al that rah rah stuff liking sleeping on the field and leading their team onto the field through other teams tunnels and maybe

Learn that if you drop your middle player on your 1st row back 20 yrds on kickoffs you basically almost beg the other team to take what you give them I mean come on the kicker caught his own kick!!! Who thought of this way to line up?

Covering wilks who is one one of the best receivers in the state and by next yr will be one of the top recruits in the nation one on one with a hs db?? Even the guys on tv couldn't beleive Lavergne was clueless about how to cover him. its not like he dropped in from mars on game day.

Even though Smyrna is way better than Lavergne and would win 10 games out of 10 against them this yr I thought their coaching and game plan was pathetic. They did not have their players ready for what Smyrna had and all this 2 platoon stuff hurts them ,Lavergne dos not have enought talent to go 2 platoon this yr and it showed they had some kids on the field that are not 5a football type players.

As for Smyrna---

when is everybody going to realize shadowens doesn't give flip about scrimmages and never has. We spent the entire few weeks trying to find our lineman and working differnet centers and basically did not show anything on offense except a basic vanilla package.

All those scrimmages Lavergne players attended I am sure made them over confident. Our 1st offensive play was scripted based on Lavergne watching every scrimmage. we threw a hitch to wilks the first play ecery scrimmage and then last night ---- we threw a hitch --- and go and they couldn't help but bite on it

Smyrna still is not close to be where they can be but I have said it before they are loaded with weapons and a qb that can get it to them

Last yr I said when we beat Lavergne what a huge win that was and folks getting on smyrna about winning by 2 points would see how big later well ---

Not this yr lavergne is no where near as good as last yr and even though smyrna is better lavergne is bad in worse in about every phase of the game and will be lucky to finish fifth in the region.

Well I am sure they will beat us handily next year as they always do as a matter of fact some were already talking about "seeing us again in the playoffs" well if you do remeber --- the tickets cost more( and you will need one) and the games start 30 m in utes earlier !!!

Well there you go - till next yr when every living breathing lavergen fan will once again wear me out with " here Smyrna is struggling in scrimmages" " you better watch out lavergne is looking good"