MBA vs. riverdale

Redtwin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick summary as I'm short on time:

Riverdale O was strong, scoring on three long runs (30-40 yards) and an intermediate run. QB (Thomas, I presume) was very effective and ran the O quite well. D was stout - quick, aggressive, physical.

MBA O sputtered. Passing game should be MBA's bread and butter this year, but more focus seemed to be on finding a running game. Passing game, when used, needed fine-tuning. D did OK, save for the long runs by RHS, but needs to learn "contain".

Clear edge to Riverdale first teamers. Non-first teams roughly a push - Riverdale's passing game looked good, MBA's running game looked good. MBA scored a FG; Riverdale fumbled away (touchback into end zone) on a drive; not sure if there were any other scores during non first-team play as I left early.

Overall, Riverdale hasn't lost a step with the new coach. I know Coach A had good teams at Hillsboro, but one can't help but think he's stepped into so much more and deeper talent at Riverdale. This Riverdale team should go far, but they always do.

MBA has work to do, as they have the past two seasons after a tough lesson learned against Riverdale in scrimmage play. MBA will be fine with some more experience and opening up the passing game. Never hurts to scrimmage an athletic team like RHS.

Riverdale O was strong, scoring on three long runs (30-40 yards) and an intermediate run. QB (Thomas, I presume) was very effective and ran the O quite well. D was stout - quick, aggressive, physical.

MBA O sputtered. Passing game should be MBA's bread and butter this year, but more focus seemed to be on finding a running game. Passing game, when used, needed fine-tuning. D did OK, save for the long runs by RHS, but needs to learn "contain".

Clear edge to Riverdale first teamers. Non-first teams roughly a push - Riverdale's passing game looked good, MBA's running game looked good. MBA scored a FG; Riverdale fumbled away (touchback into end zone) on a drive; not sure if there were any other scores during non first-team play as I left early.

Overall, Riverdale hasn't lost a step with the new coach. I know Coach A had good teams at Hillsboro, but one can't help but think he's stepped into so much more and deeper talent at Riverdale. This Riverdale team should go far, but they always do.

MBA has work to do, as they have the past two seasons after a tough lesson learned against Riverdale in scrimmage play. MBA will be fine with some more experience and opening up the passing game. Never hurts to scrimmage an athletic team like RHS.

Thanks for the summary. I would expect Riverdale to throw more than Coach A did at Hillsboro. They couldn't throw a lick some of those years he was there.

Thanks for the summary. I would expect Riverdale to throw more than Coach A did at Hillsboro. They couldn't throw a lick some of those years he was there.

I agree. Though he threw some 2 or 3 yrs ago...most yrs, they didn't throw much. Some games, they didn't throw any. Riverdale should have the talent to throw some and I am sure Coach A will. Look for the Warriors to throw early...get the lead and then pound the ball.

The MBA scrimmage should reinforce their confidence under Coach A. Riverdale should be very strong against Siegel. Just need to limit the turnovers.

Edited by wingman10

;)

Yes, it was a really good day to be a warrior. The first strings were looking really good

Did Cordell take any snaps at QB?