Three Way Scrimmage in Union City

rcombs

I did attend this scrimmage.

Camden looked pretty decent for the first time out. Their starters gave up an early TD to Trenton, but then tightened up and didn't give up any more scores for the rest of the scrimmage. The offense moved the ball at will, but due to a 10 play limit did not get in the endzone but once against Trenton. As the scrimmage wore on, it seemed they just got stronger. The defense looked really good more towards the end.

Trenton looked stronger than laster year, and Union City was pretty darn good.

Camden looked pretty decent for the first time out. Their starters gave up an early TD to Trenton, but then tightened up and didn't give up any more scores for the rest of the scrimmage. The offense moved the ball at will, but due to a 10 play limit did not get in the endzone but once against Trenton. As the scrimmage wore on, it seemed they just got stronger. The defense looked really good more towards the end.

How was the passing game?

QUOTE(rcombs @ Aug 5 2006 - 05:55 PM)

A little more info on UC please...they lost over 20 seniors off of last years state runner up team...The consensus was that they were in a major rebuilding mode and didnt have much left...How did their new shot-gun offense look??

QUOTE(rcombs @ Aug 5 2006 - 05:55 PM)

A little more info on UC please...they lost over 20 seniors off of last years state runner up team...The consensus was that they were in a major rebuilding mode and didnt have much left...How did their new shot-gun offense look??

I also attended the scrimmage and I have to agree with everything he said. Looking at the new shotgun offense... i must say I was very uneasy about the idea at first but after seeing it in action I love it! There are some flaws that need to be worked on in the Line Area especially when blitz is on. But besides that it looks great. And the work that needs to worked on is more than likely just nerves. The team looked great from my viewpoint. Brett White did an outstanding job in my opinion also. You can see his hard work paying off on the field. Also, I would like to report on this area also. The B team did a outstanding job. This freshman team an awesome job. Running BACK TO BACK TOUCHDOWNS at the end of the game. One by a freshman Im not aware of the name and anther by Taylor Bruff. Also, two players injured for UC. Marque Evans with a knee injury and Caleb Poore with what looked to be a ankle injury. I Do not know the extent of the injuries though. BUT IM GOING TO END WITH THIS!! GO UC AND THIS TIME BRING HOME THE GOLD! IM FOR YA 110%

I also attended the scrimmage and I have to agree with everything he said. Looking at the new shotgun offense... i must say I was very uneasy about the idea at first but after seeing it in action I love it! There are some flaws that need to be worked on in the Line Area especially when blitz is on. But besides that it looks great. And the work that needs to worked on is more than likely just nerves. The team looked great from my viewpoint. Brett White did an outstanding job in my opinion also. You can see his hard work paying off on the field. Also, I would like to report on this area also. The B team did a outstanding job. This freshman team an awesome job. Running BACK TO BACK TOUCHDOWNS at the end of the game. One by a freshman Im not aware of the name and anther by Taylor Bruff. Also, two players injured for UC. Marque Evans with a knee injury and Caleb Poore with what looked to be a ankle injury. I Do not know the extent of the injuries though. BUT IM GOING TO END WITH THIS!! GO UC AND THIS TIME BRING HOME THE GOLD! IM FOR YA 110%

Thanks for the report...I'm pulling for the Tornadoes....Hope they win every game...EXCEPT ONE(You can probably guess which one)....And I'm with you,bring home the gold ball this time....