Melrose Coaching Hire

I know there is not a lot of Memphis high school football activity on the board, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the hire of Hubbard Alexander as the new Melrose head coach.

His credentials include several assistant coaching jobs in the NFL and the University of Miami. He has a son that is a scout for the Baltimore Ravens.

For those who are interested, the Memphis Commercial Appeal article (also llinked from CoachT.com) provides info on the hire.

(http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/preps/article/0,2844,MCA_25364_4887383,00.html)

OrangeMoundWest

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll be honest..I`ve never heard of him, but he seems like he has great credentials. Where was the last place he coached?

He was the offensive coordinator and assistant head coach for the National Indoor Football League's (NIFL) Cincinnati Marshals. Prior to that he was wide receivers coach for the NFL's Dallas Cowboys (1989-98), Minnesota Vikings (1998-00) and New Orleans Saints (00-03).

He was the offensive coordinator and assistant head coach for the National Indoor Football League's (NIFL) Cincinnati Marshals. Prior to that he was wide receivers coach for the NFL's Dallas Cowboys (1989-98), Minnesota Vikings (1998-00) and New Orleans Saints (00-03).

That`s impressive! I think his main challenge will be to keep the team focused and united. The talent is always there. What about assistant coaches? Any changes there?

That`s impressive! I think his main challenge will be to keep the team focused and united. The talent is always there. What about assistant coaches? Any changes there?

No other changes as of now have been announced. I am really excited on the offensive side of the ball. Defense has been good for the most part. The Offense has underachieved and that is Coach Alexander's specialty. Also, Cooper is a big loss at running back.