Ba vs. Dickson County (scrimmage)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how did Bledsoe look?

Drew Bledsoe, John Garrett, Tyree Ford, Ryan White, Chris Jordan (Georgia transfer) did not play. (Drew has a stinger)

Jeremy McBee started at tailback. Brooks Harwood started at fullback. D.J. Luna started in place of John Garrett.

I have heard that Dickson is down this year. Which is good for all Williamson County schools. Does anyone know how long their new high school has been open. I know from my own experience that when a new school opens the old one will suffer for a few years before they are back on track. Does anyone know what classification the new high school plays in? I don't remember their name.

It is Creekwood, and they have been open now for several years. Not sure exactly how many.

They are a 3A school, matter of fact they play in the same region that Page High School plays in.

And yes, Dickson is feeling the effect of Creekwood!

BA's zone has increased to include Texas and Georgia I see. Unbelievable.

Yep, once the booster club bought the coaches a Gulfstream jet, it was easy to go regional. Don't get fooled by all those accusations that building a good school and program attracts good kids.

BA 23 DC 14

Dickson County scored one offensive and one defensive

TD with one minute left in the 4th against BA's 3rd and 4th team.

BA was missing a number of starters on offense for a variety

of reasons. Passing game looks very promising. First and

second team defense limited DC to virtually no offense.

On the defensive TD that DC scored on I have a question. Did the holes in the left end zone as you are facing the school have anything to do with it? :unsure:

I ask as they are some of the best defense DC has.

On the defensive TD that DC scored on I have a question. Did the holes in the left end zone as you are facing the school have anything to do with it? :unsure:

I ask as they are some of the best defense DC has.

Do you mean DC's field? The game was at BA.

Edited by jek

As always, but what do you bet Flatt will still play kids both ways. I have never understood that with the athletes that BA has why they play anybody on both sides of the ball.

a good coach wants his best 11 out there as much as possible, besides, this is high school and kids need to play both ways. That's whats wrong w/ kids today, they are soft and not conditioned to go both ways.

As always, but what do you bet Flatt will still play kids both ways. I have never understood that with the athletes that BA has why they play anybody on both sides of the ball.

You know during his hayday he did that a lot. The past few years he has gotten away from that as much. I am thinking that he is hardly playing anyone both ways currently. Maybe a lineman or two. He doesn't allow his backs to be taken to the ground during practice (just butt them up). Back in the day a star QB would be severly reprimanded for sliding or "not sticking it in there" at anytime. Times have changed. I guess back in those days we would hear stories about helmets with no face masks and how times had changed. AHHH, I'm one of those guys now!

a good coach wants his best 11 out there as much as possible, besides, this is high school and kids need to play both ways. That's whats wrong w/ kids today, they are soft and not conditioned to go both ways.

I believe that kids today are in better condition then they were even 15 years ago. With all the weight room work and conditioning they get now they should be able to go the distance. And if you have 100 players, as I know BA does, you surely have 22 quality athletes that can play. I have always heard that BA's second teamers could have gone to any other high school and start.