Who will be the metro team to look out for?

JMANMAN

5A: McGavock, Overton, & Antioch

4A: Maplewood, Hillsboro, & Whites Creek

3A: Pearl-Cohn

Now there's Metro's version of the "Magnificent Seven" :thumb:

What about Hunters Lane? Due for a big year. They have speed and some good returning players.

Edited by fb247

What about Hunters Lane? Due for a big year. They have speed and some good returning players.

I like Gallatin's chances to win that region (5-5A) in '06 and make a deep run in the playoffs. They have a huge senior class with a lot of playing experience. With Mike Woodward on the sidelines Antioch is going to be a much more versitile team and come playoff time I believe folks will see that (teams now don't just key on the backs like Coker & Brown). Arcente Broom has done an amazing job since taking over at McGavock. I believe he should be in line soon to get a big job in the state. Overton is a team that is going to be experienced and physical (especially up front) and they'll play great defense. Hendersonville is also in that region and I wouldn't expect them to be down and out for too long.

How do I see that Region 5-5A going????

1.) Gallatin

2.) Antioch

3.) McGavock

4.) Overton OR Hendersonville

5.) Overton OR Hendersonville

6.) Hunters Lane

7.) Hillwood

8.) Glencliff

Big Country , you did not answer the question. Why is HL so low in predictions.

It's not that they're a "bad team". I believe every team in that region from top to bottom is good. For example Glencliff is a team that could very easily beat Pearl-Cohn when those two teams play in week zero. The fact that I picked PC is because they are a 3A team that will have success because they are simply better than most everyone they'll line up against this year. I believe Baskin will do a great job at Hillwood with the experience that they return this season.

I have the upmost respect for Hunters Lane. When shadow was coaching there they were great. He's a midstate legend on the sidelines without question. Richard Campbell did a good job while at Stratford and he's doing a good job now at HL. I just believe that they aren't as good at this point in time as those other teams that I listed above them in Region 5-5A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...