Grundy County @ Sequatchie County

Sequatchie

I thought this scrimmage was a lot better than the one against Cannon Co. there wasn't as many missed assignments against GC as in the first one. The dropped passes have me a little worried but I think they will catch more than they drop. I think the Indians will be alright once the OL jells together and gives the Qb & backs a chance to make some plays.

The offense scheme is slowly coming together it looked like in this scrimmage the offense used some diffrent plays than what they did against CC on Saturday and it may take a couple of games before they get it fully in gear as its diffrent than any of them have ever played before and probably only have seen on TV.

I didn't realize just how young a team the Indians have this year. Just 7 Seniors by my count and only about 3 or 4 of those get significant playing time and also about 7 Juniors but I think around 20 Sophmores and 10-15 Freshmen. The majority of the positions are made up of Sophmores and It appears that a couple of Freshmen of which there are several good looking athletes in the bunch will see some significant playing time and in my opinion I think one or two might even end up being starters. I don't know what will happen this season but the future is looking good. :thumb:

Edited by Sequatchie

I think this is a team that does not yet know just how good they can be. They will continue to improve this season and each year after. The freshman finally came together at the end of their middle school season last year to beat a tough Jasper team. They have several good athletes, many kids that are very coachable, and a whole lot of heart. Coach Armstrong may be a young man but he has knowledge that far surpasses his years. I think that he can take what has been given him and do great things. I will be at every ballgame this year watching the Indians, because I know this bunch of players and coaches will give it their all and the wins will come. :thumb:

I think this is a team that does not yet know just how good they can be. They will continue to improve this season and each year after. The freshman finally came together at the end of their middle school season last year to beat a tough Jasper team. They have several good athletes, many kids that are very coachable, and a whole lot of heart. Coach Armstrong may be a young man but he has knowledge that far surpasses his years. I think that he can take what has been given him and do great things. I will be at every ballgame this year watching the Indians, because I know this bunch of players and coaches will give it their all and the wins will come. :thumb:

I think we have a good set of coachs. :blink: