Week Zero Mt.Pleasant and Giles Co.

MPTigerT

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure is quiet in MP Land this morning!

What do you want us to say? We got whipped by a school three times our size. Congratulations. Isn't that what a AAA school is supposed to do to a single A school? They whipped us in every aspect of the game. GC has a good team. MP has some work to do. GC will probably be the best team MP will play all year.

I give GC all the respect they do deserve. GC beat our pants off and played a heck of a ballgame. MP is definitely not the same team as the past two years!

Coach Smith is out-coaching himself! He needs to take the playbook he used tonight against GC, wad it up and burn it. You don't take what has given you 2

perfect seasons in 1A and do a complete 180 away from it. Coach Smith has taken

probably the 1-3 1A running back( Marco Daily) and turn him into a quarterback!

Defense AAAWWWful! Come on MP. Get back to WHAT WORKS!

concerned tiger fan :rolleyes:

Wow it didnt take you long to jump off the bandwagon. LOL. MP is fine. Folks they are young and will only get better. MP lost a lot of talent over the last two years and has to get those young kids ready quick. Nobody seemed to think Marco as QB was bad when he ran all over SH. If Marco goes back to RB who will be the QB. If he goes back to RB there will be 11 men and the cheerleading squad in the box because then MP will have no passing game. Look it doesnt matter who is QB, RB, FB the line upfront has to improve and they will. Good job GC, I'm glad to see the kids bounce back after last years head coach dumped them, I just wish yall could have waited another week LOL.

What do you want us to say? We got whipped by a school three times our size. Congratulations. Isn't that what a AAA school is supposed to do to a single A school? They whipped us in every aspect of the game. GC has a good team. MP has some work to do. GC will probably be the best team MP will play all year.

Great summary, MP fans don't get down on your team or coach. Last year MP had a very good experienced senior team playing a very inexperienced junior team. This year the role was reversed. Seniors are supposed to play much better. GC has a senior lead team. MP is to be commended - - as well as their coaching staff . . . when "things" started going bad last night for them, and it really did - - they maintained their composure, discipline, and sportsmanship. In many ways that was just as impressive as the execution of GC.

Good luck to both teams - - MP in regrouping and GC in staying focus for the Cowbell Game

Great summary, MP fans don't get down on your team or coach. Last year MP had a very good experienced senior team playing a very inexperienced junior team. This year the role was reversed. Seniors are supposed to play much better. GC has a senior lead team. MP is to be commended - - as well as their coaching staff . . . when "things" started going bad last night for them, and it really did - - they maintained their composure, discipline, and sportsmanship. In many ways that was just as impressive as the execution of GC.

Good luck to both teams - - MP in regrouping and GC in staying focus for the Cowbell Game

Thanks Olympian.

What do you want us to say? We got whipped by a school three times our size. Congratulations. Isn't that what a AAA school is supposed to do to a single A school?

Last year you beat a team (Giles County) that is three times your size 41-27. Are you saying that you were lucky in beating them last year?

You have to understand that in 1A football, teams go through cycles more so than the larger schools. One or two good players on either side of the ball can make a big difference. Your defense is nowhere near what it was last year. Last year Dailey had a good supporting cast, this year he may not have that yet. He is also playing a new position which takes a while to get accustomed to. Last night I noticed he and other teammates kept looking at their playlist on their wrist. Obviously they don't know the plays that well yet, or they don't feel comfortable in running them.

Last year you beat a team (Giles County) that is three times your size 41-27. Are you saying that you were lucky in beating them last year?

You have to understand that in 1A football, teams go through cycles more so than the larger schools. One or two good players on either side of the ball can make a big difference. Your defense is nowhere near what it was last year. Last year Dailey had a good supporting cast, this year he may not have that yet. He is also playing a new position which takes a while to get accustomed to. Last night I noticed he and other teammates kept looking at their playlist on their wrist. Obviously they don't know the plays that well yet, or they don't feel comfortable in running them.

Actually last year we may have been lucky to have played GC at the beginnig of the year because they got it together about half way through the year. The reason they look at the wrist band is that is where the plays are. In the no huddle the play is called and the players look to see what the play is. All of them check their wrist bands.

ive heard throught the grape vine that richlands freshman qb has transfered to cross town rival giles county.is this true???and if so do u think he will be a star for giles county the next couple of years??i would really like to kno what u raider n bobcat fans think.

ive heard throught the grape vine that richlands freshman qb has transfered to cross town rival giles county.is this true???and if so do u think he will be a star for giles county the next couple of years??i would really like to kno what u raider n bobcat fans think.

Sounds like you need to start this as a new topic it has nothing to do with last nights game except this QB did play after it got out of hand. It is true he is playing for GCHS.

im pretty happy to know its true,i would really like to know if hes gonna be ne count n the future i watched him play some jr high ball,n he threw for almost 250 yards in one game ,but as we all kno jr high ball isnt varsity ball at all,I also hear the coach brought him up instead of him playin freshman ball and hes give the varsity qb a run for his money,all i need to kno is this kid gonna be the next star for gchs who was already loaded with young tallent