Austin Peay 2006

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Govs travel to Dayton to play this week. I heard they killed us last year. What are our chances this year. We have seemed to improve every week.

Jay Gruden and Dan Patrick are alum's of Dayton.

Very good team. Same coach for many yrs..has had offers to move up. He loves it at Dayton. They have 2 good rb's, a very good qb that throws to a lot of receivers. They put points up. DB's are good...they have one who is an All-American and they have an All-American at lb (will get some looks from the NFL).

The stadium is nice. It is about a mile and a half from campus, next to the basketball arena. If you like basketball, take a trip inside. A lot of jistory. If you got time, go to the athletic center, it is as fine as you will find in IIA.

Good luck, they will score. Get a good running game going and control the clock. I was surprised you hung with Samford. Hope you come back with a w.They are good, but haven't been tested in 06.

Edited by wingman10

Thanks Wingman10 for the Dayton information. I have looked on the espn.com stats for Dayton and they average about 28 points a game and around 425 yards of offense. They look to be a solid team. I hope we are a stiffer competition than what they have played this year and might surprise them. I'm looking forward to the trip up to Dayton. I hope the campus is as nice as the Samford campus. By the way how does Dayton field such a good program without football scholarships.

You missed a great game wingman10, except that we didn't win. Our defense played great all day long. Our offense came up one interception short on that final drive to win the game. Even after we gave up the long interception touchdown run we answered back with a 80 yard drive in only 45 seconds. If we could have recovered the onside kick who knows we might have won anyway. Our guys have played hard every game and have gotten better. I said it once and I will say it again something good is going to happen to these guys because they play so hard. Austin Peay has turned the corner and I am looking forward to next year when we have another recruiting class to enter the OVC.