Chris Donald watch...

VOLnWTN

Good post and I agree w/ you. The bottom line is what the player feels what is best for him. But Tennessee needs to do everything in their power to see they make Chris feel like Tennessee is the best place for him.

Reading this post, one would get the impression, that if your son was in all likelihood the top recruit in the state of Tennessee in the sport of football, and if that said son did not select to play his college career at the University of Tennessee, then ... 'tradition and pride' doesn't mean much to your son. That statement is pure horse manure! How dare you try to insinuate that if a young man is being highly recruited by the major powers in college football, that they are somehow being unpatriotic to the state of Tennessee if they choose to play football somewhere else! Last time I checked ... playing football at NOTRE DAME is an honor as well. The University of Tennessee does not hold the paten on HONOR and TRADITION in the sport of football, and to sit there and be condescending to anyone who thinks otherwise is absolute rubbish! Then to say ... 'Harrell' loves it up there BECAUSE everyone up there pulls for him because he is from TN, as if, that’s a reason to select a school . That’s one of the most incredulous and irresponsible statements as ever there could be!

Mr. Donald ... if you are reading this then here is my $0.02 worth. IF you choose to go to UT because EVERYBODY you know WANTS you to go there ... then, that is no reason to select a school. PERIOD. From what I've read about you, it appears that YOU and YOUR PARENTS are sitting down and weighing out all the options ... that's good. YOU select the school YOU want to go to, and the team YOU want to play for, no matter what anybody else says, and if it's NOTRE DAME or any other big time program ... then Godspeed to you and represent your parents and us Tennesseans well young man!

Yes ... playing at the University of Tennessee is an honor. BUT, so is playing at the University of Florida, or USC, or Michigan, or Texas, or Notre Dame for that matter. I only named the large schools because Mr. Donald has an opportunity to play at such a school. Playing college sports at any school is an honor actually ... but ... let's keep it apples and apples for the sake of discussion. Everybody ISN’T going to go to UT … and they are not obligated because they were born here! HOGWASH! … Absolutely and positively … HOGWASH!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about fired, but I think Fulmer should be ashamed if he does lose Donald. I know that these days tradition and pride don't mean too much to kids now, but I think Donald is a good kid that wants to do the right thing which is help his home state team. Playing at Tennessee is an honor. We are second to none. I hope he does what I think is the right thing and signs with the vols. He'll be a hometown favorite for his whole career there. I think he should talk to Harrell about it. Harrell wasn't as big of a recruit as Donald, and Harrell has loved it up there. Everyone pulls for him because he is from TN. Maybe Donald will see that too.

"I hope he does what I think is the right thing..".I've seen a lot of strange quotes on Coach T, but this may top them all. Please forward a list of the decisions that Chris Donald has consulted you about in the past. Anyone who has Chris Donald's best interests in mind should say "I hope Chris Donald does what Chris Donald decides on his own to do--and makes it the right thing.

"He'll be a hometown favorite for his whole career there." And then what? Chris Donald will be at that time 22-23 years old. Then what? There is life after football. Fans might be through with Donald after he has used up his eligiblity, but Donald won't be through with his life--it will just be starting.

Edited by Augielio

I hope he goes to ND. The further from Milan, the better. He has been a thorn in our side long enough. Good ridance. How could I possibly support the VOLS if he played at UT?

evidently this person knows nothing about mutual respect like the majority of milan and huntingdon fans.

Why the change in plans? I thought he was planning on making his decision early on? Does he just want to see how the teams pan out this season?

Like I siad before. ND is the most powerful school in NCAA football, they give highschool seniors a lot to think about when they go to visit. Its very rare when ND is recruiting somebody that they dont end up in at least the top 3 or 4 for the player. They dont get a lot of them because like Donald a lot of kids are lifelong fans of thier in state teams. But, they do get in that final mix.

Reading this post, one would get the impression, that if your son was in all likelihood the top recruit in the state of Tennessee in the sport of football, and if that said son did not select to play his college career at the University of Tennessee, then ... 'tradition and pride' doesn't mean much to your son. That statement is pure horse manure! How dare you try to insinuate that if a young man is being highly recruited by the major powers in college football, that they are somehow being unpatriotic to the state of Tennessee if they choose to play football somewhere else! Last time I checked ... playing football at NOTRE DAME is an honor as well. The University of Tennessee does not hold the paten on HONOR and TRADITION in the sport of football, and to sit there and be condescending to anyone who thinks otherwise is absolute rubbish! Then to say ... 'Harrell' loves it up there BECAUSE everyone up there pulls for him because he is from TN, as if, that’s a reason to select a school . That’s one of the most incredulous and irresponsible statements as ever there could be!

Mr. Donald ... if you are reading this then here is my $0.02 worth. IF you choose to go to UT because EVERYBODY you know WANTS you to go there ... then, that is no reason to select a school. PERIOD. From what I've read about you, it appears that YOU and YOUR PARENTS are sitting down and weighing out all the options ... that's good. YOU select the school YOU want to go to, and the team YOU want to play for, no matter what anybody else says, and if it's NOTRE DAME or any other big time program ... then Godspeed to you and represent your parents and us Tennesseans well young man!

Yes ... playing at the University of Tennessee is an honor. BUT, so is playing at the University of Florida, or USC, or Michigan, or Texas, or Notre Dame for that matter. I only named the large schools because Mr. Donald has an opportunity to play at such a school. Playing college sports at any school is an honor actually ... but ... let's keep it apples and apples for the sake of discussion. Everybody ISN’T going to go to UT … and they are not obligated because they were born here! HOGWASH! … Absolutely and positively … HOGWASH!

Dude you used the word hogwash not once but twice. That is dispicable. Excuse me for having some state pride. I don't care what you guys think, and I don't particularly care where Donald goes. I know that I am not his advisor, I was just making a statement. I know that if I had the chance to play at a big time school, it wouldn't be a choice for me. Just like Jaques Mclendon. He was good enough to play at a lot of schools, but he was first to commit to Tennessee because he said he wouldn't play anywhere else. THat is commitment and loyalty. U guys wouldn't know loyalty if it slapped you in the face. Don't jump on me for a reasonable statement!!! Slap Nuts!!!

Dude you used the word hogwash not once but twice. That is dispicable. Excuse me for having some state pride. I don't care what you guys think, and I don't particularly care where Donald goes. I know that I am not his advisor, I was just making a statement. I know that if I had the chance to play at a big time school, it wouldn't be a choice for me. Just like Jaques Mclendon. He was good enough to play at a lot of schools, but he was first to commit to Tennessee because he said he wouldn't play anywhere else. THat is commitment and loyalty. U guys wouldn't know loyalty if it slapped you in the face. Don't jump on me for a reasonable statement!!! Slap Nuts!!!

Read my post again jacket ... nobody questioned your state pride, and that wasn't the point in my post and it's evident it went WAY over your head. It's also apparent that if YOU had a chance to play big-time college football, that you would go play for UT. I don't care about Jaques Mclendon or anybody else who played high school football in Tennessee and then went on to UT to play college football. Good for them ... but that's not the point either. Going to play football at UT because you played high school football in Tennessee isn't showing commitment nor is it showing loyalty. It's nowhere near it!

Here is my point ... and after I make this statement I move on. Your statement WAS NOT REASONABLE. Yes ... you can have all the state pride you want. But to sit here and label anybody who played high school football in the state of Tennessee but doesn't go play for UT as a person who doesn't have an understanding of Tradition and Honor is flat out wrong and unconscionable.

Every big time college program has players from its own state. They also have players from different states as well. UT is no different. The majority of the starters at UT prepped somewhere other then the state of Tennessee.

Let me see if I've got this right. If you played high school football in the state of Tennessee, but you decide to play your college football elsewhere, then you don't understand the concepts of Honor, Tradition, Commitment, nor Loyalty. LOL ... and you have the audacity to say these are REASONABLE statements?

LOL .... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! … By the way … don’t read my post again as I said earlier, it will be a complete waste of time.

Edited by kwc

Seems that some of you have nothing better to do. B)

First off Chris will make his decision when he's ready and I dont think he will take the advice of anyone that has made previous comments on this topic or anyone to follow.

Those of us that are CLOSE to Chris just support him and dont criticize one school or the other. His decision will be his alone. Thugs are all over this country in schools and in our own backyards. Some of us even have them in our homes. "Scholars" are all over this country in schools and in our own backyards. Some of us even have them in our homes.

1.Yes there are thugs at Tennessee and there are thugs at Notre Dame as well.

2.Yes there are Scholars at Tennessee and there are scholars at Notre Dame as well.

To be honest with you all Chris doesnt even talk about college football unless someone brings it up. When he does he's just showing respect to the person who asked. He's pretty much worn out with all the questions and the hype he has gotten. Yes it's nice and he's thankful but he didnt ask for it and he really doesnt like the attention. That's just Chris. A good kid. He worries more about his other teamates not getting the credit they deserve. He will be the first to tell you he has been lucky to be surrounded by great teamates at Huntingdon.

Just dont make things harder for him. Chris has a great heart. He loves his home state and always dreamed of being a Vol and Then comes Notre Dame with the Tradition and Touchdown Jesus and the Highest of Educations. Kinda hard for a seventeen year old to just say no to either. It would be for a tough decision for all of us right?

Again He's thankful but the attention is kinda bothersome to him. Honestly he's not having fun right now. The kinda fun a seventeen year old should be enjoying his senior year. Just support his decision regardless if it is on The Hill or in South Bend. :blink:

GO STANGS!!!

Tha Duck is back and this is my first post of the season. I've had the honor of meeting Chris and talking to him a time or two and known his dad for years. They are great people and Chris will do what's best for Chris. Like many on here, I'd love to see him runnin' thru the T on Saturdays but, that just ain't our call.

I can assure ya'll of one thing, Chris Donald for sure knows something about Tradition and Pride. He also knows about Honor and he will determine his own honor and I for one support whatever his decision is and support him no matter who he plays for in the future.

PS---Good posts kwc and Reignman

Edited by duckman38201

evidently this person knows nothing about mutual respect like the majority of milan and huntingdon fans.

Lets talk about the classless act in last year's playoff loss to Huntingdon. With Milan trailing and Huntingdon with the ball, all was needed was take a knee and run the clock out for a Mustang victory. Oh no, Donald crosses everyone up, including from what I hear his own coach, and goes all the way for a TD. Now thats real class. You guys can bash me all you want but facts are facts.