Maplewood v/s Smyrna

rrrrrrr

My view of the scrimmage

(lavergne take notes -- no excuses no t"he light was in our eyes" or it was ones against sixes" blah blah blah)

Mapelwood beat smyrna in every phase period

Smyrna played so bad that it would be an injustice to pick out just one area because another area that was bad might get left off

summary

offense - awful

defense - awful

stats - smyrna scored on Maplewoods second team and did not cross mid field on their first team and had only one first down ( I told you it was bad)

Maplewood scored on runs and on passes so our defense was equally bad

I dont want to take anything away from maplewood I dont know anything about them but they were very physical and heck maybe they are good I dont know

If I was lavergne I would be very excited right now because I think you are clearly the favorite right now.

With the effort yesterday from Smyrna my region predictions have changed i wont post them but right now till I see different Smyrna is not in the top 4

We have a scrimmage with overton friday maybe we will play like gangbusters who knows

I hear for a team picked high this can be a good thing sometime, to be brought down a notch -- well if that is true we certainly got a good dose of medicine yesterday.

by the way feel fre to add your cliche to the following

got beat like a rented mule

got beat like we stole somethin

got our hats handed to us

got our buts kicked

new prediction

Lavergne 45

smyrna 0

the only good thing was --- the field looked great!

we have some good seniors we will now see how their leadership comes into play

What you say is true but LaVergne don't get too confident because Goodpasture kicked your butt last week. Everyone is do a bad day/game lets hope both teams get it together and play up to their potential next Friday.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maplewood has some good atheletes and lots of speed.

The threw just enough ( mostly to backs out of the backfield) to be very effective.

Was Maplewood any good last yr?

Are they predicted to be good this tr?

Maplewood is the truth!

Preseason Power Poll

1. Maplewood

2. Whites Creek

3. Hillsboro

4. Tullahoma

5. Stratford

6. Lawrence Co.

7. Hickman Co.

8. Shelbyville

Quick Rundown.

Maplewood Panthers

2005 Statistics

2005: 5-2, 8-4

Playoff Record: 5-13

Last Playoff Appearance: 2005

Preseason Preview: Maplewood

Predicted Finish: 1st

Predicted Record: 6-1, 9-1

Schedule Strength: 3rd (toughest)

Top Returning Player: LB-Thomas Majors

Big Shoes to Fill: QB/DB-Courtney Grimes

Maplewood head coach Ralph Thompson successfully tranformed his Maplewood Panthers from a team that forfeited four wins and officially finished 0-10 in 2004 to a team that advanced to the second round of the playoffs and finished 8-4 in 2005. Look for that improvement trend to continue in 2006.

With success come higher expectations, and the folks in the Maplewood football family expect their team to battle for the region title this season. They have perhaps both the top offensive and top defensive players in the region to lean on, and an impressive cast of talent around them to build their potential playoff run around...

2006 Preview

On paper the Maplewood Panthers appear to be the most talented team in Region 5-4A heading into the 2006 season. Coach Ralph Thompson returns the region's best defender in linebacker Thomas Majors and perhaps the state's best running back in Terrence Holt.

But as we have learned in all sports, simply having the best talent does not guarantee wins. The head coach and his staff must harness that talent, mold it into a cohesive unit, and convince the stars to buy into the 'what's best for the team' attitude.

Maplewood wasn't a dominant team in 2005, althoug it finished 8-4 and advanced to the second round of the playoffs, falling to Hillsboro 21-7. The Panthers' largest margin of victory was 21 points. But that junior-dominated class is now led by a large group of seniors, and they now possess playoff experience and they know how to win close games.

Maplewood's first real test should come in Week 4 when Tullahoma rolls into town. Should the Panthers get past the Wildcats they will set their sights on Hillsboro on Oct. 13. That trip to West Nashville, along with the home season finale against Whites Creek, will most likely determine whether Coach Thompson can capture his first region title.

Quarterback Courtney Grimes is the biggest hole the Panthers must fill from last season. Although Grimes didn't possess great statistics, he was the unquestioned leader of the team on both sides of the ball. He will be missed, but there appears to ample leadership, led by Holt and Majors, that can step up and take charge on the field.

All Region54a.com Selections:

RB-Terrence Holt, 5-8, 170, SR

WR-Jonathan Moore, 6-0, 160, SR

OL-Corey Pendergrast, 6-0, 240, SR

LB-Jay Bell, 5-11, 190, SR

LB-Sadaris Jones, 6-0, 190, SR

LB-Thomas Majors, 6-2, 220, SR

DT-Tobias Austin, 6-0, 310, SR

Stats and info come courtesy Region 5 4A.com

Panther Pride!!

Edited by boski

They looked goood to me!

No excuses here give maplewood all the credit they got it done

The good news is its still pre season and hopefully smyrna can get some of these things worked out by 8/18

I keep hearing that scrimmage may turn out to be a blessing I guess we will see

Maplewood is a good team, someone please tell me who #3 is because he is a BEAST! Size like Tamar Butler...82cat is hilarious everybody, don't we all just laugh or butts off when he makes gestures about LaVergne when this post has NOTHING to do with us? Ya'll got worked, not our fault, what you say about LaVergne now is pure entertainment so it really doesn't matter. Like I said, we aren't going by what we saw yesterday, but we do know a little bit more of what we have to do....82cat u was right about one thing though, the field did look pretty good. Hope Maplewood didn't mess it up too bad. ;)

Maplewood is a good team, someone please tell me who #3 is because he is a BEAST! Size like Tamar Butler...82cat is hilarious everybody, don't we all just laugh or butts off when he makes gestures about LaVergne when this post has NOTHING to do with us? Ya'll got worked, not our fault, what you say about LaVergne now is pure entertainment so it really doesn't matter. Like I said, we aren't going by what we saw yesterday, but we do know a little bit more of what we have to do....82cat u was right about one thing though, the field did look pretty good. Hope Maplewood didn't mess it up too bad. ;)

just trying to give you some manners on how to respond to a bad scrimmage or game or what ever.

besides --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as all Lavergne folks know---

we will beat maplewood next yr when we scrimmage!!!!!!

Maplewood is the truth!

Preseason Power Poll

1. Maplewood

2. Whites Creek

3. Hillsboro

4. Tullahoma

5. Stratford

6. Lawrence Co.

7. Hickman Co.

8. Shelbyville

Quick Rundown.

Maplewood Panthers

2005 Statistics

2005: 5-2, 8-4

Playoff Record: 5-13

Last Playoff Appearance: 2005

Preseason Preview: Maplewood

Predicted Finish: 1st

Predicted Record: 6-1, 9-1

Schedule Strength: 3rd (toughest)

Top Returning Player: LB-Thomas Majors

Big Shoes to Fill: QB/DB-Courtney Grimes

Maplewood head coach Ralph Thompson successfully tranformed his Maplewood Panthers from a team that forfeited four wins and officially finished 0-10 in 2004 to a team that advanced to the second round of the playoffs and finished 8-4 in 2005. Look for that improvement trend to continue in 2006.

With success come higher expectations, and the folks in the Maplewood football family expect their team to battle for the region title this season. They have perhaps both the top offensive and top defensive players in the region to lean on, and an impressive cast of talent around them to build their potential playoff run around...

2006 Preview

On paper the Maplewood Panthers appear to be the most talented team in Region 5-4A heading into the 2006 season. Coach Ralph Thompson returns the region's best defender in linebacker Thomas Majors and perhaps the state's best running back in Terrence Holt.

But as we have learned in all sports, simply having the best talent does not guarantee wins. The head coach and his staff must harness that talent, mold it into a cohesive unit, and convince the stars to buy into the 'what's best for the team' attitude.

Maplewood wasn't a dominant team in 2005, althoug it finished 8-4 and advanced to the second round of the playoffs, falling to Hillsboro 21-7. The Panthers' largest margin of victory was 21 points. But that junior-dominated class is now led by a large group of seniors, and they now possess playoff experience and they know how to win close games.

Maplewood's first real test should come in Week 4 when Tullahoma rolls into town. Should the Panthers get past the Wildcats they will set their sights on Hillsboro on Oct. 13. That trip to West Nashville, along with the home season finale against Whites Creek, will most likely determine whether Coach Thompson can capture his first region title.

Quarterback Courtney Grimes is the biggest hole the Panthers must fill from last season. Although Grimes didn't possess great statistics, he was the unquestioned leader of the team on both sides of the ball. He will be missed, but there appears to ample leadership, led by Holt and Majors, that can step up and take charge on the field.

All Region54a.com Selections:

RB-Terrence Holt, 5-8, 170, SR

WR-Jonathan Moore, 6-0, 160, SR

OL-Corey Pendergrast, 6-0, 240, SR

LB-Jay Bell, 5-11, 190, SR

LB-Sadaris Jones, 6-0, 190, SR

LB-Thomas Majors, 6-2, 220, SR

DT-Tobias Austin, 6-0, 310, SR

Stats and info come courtesy Region 5 4A.com

Panther Pride!!

Dude, that is one nice site! Any other regions have the same thing or is 5-4A just the showdog?

Very nice.....

VI