redandwhiteforever

They can count their blessings cause they are very lucky.

yeah, I was with a friend who past a cop at around 1 in the morning who was going well over the speed limit; we saw the cop turn around and my friend had the bright idea to turn up into this neighborhood. Then he was going up a hill into the neighborhood in 4th and started to stall, it was really funny.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

yeah, I was with a friend who past a cop at around 1 in the morning who was going well over the speed limit; we saw the cop turn around and my friend had the bright idea to turn up into this neighborhood. Then he was going up a hill into the neighborhood in 4th and started to stall, it was really funny.

Did he get away?

.. Ok .. So let me get this straight, a man kills someone while drunk and doesnt serve a day in jail and then gets caught again but we dont rag on him? We rag on the man who went out and had one too many to drink and got pulled over? Makes perfect sense to me. JJ didnt harm anyone, but LL killed someone. Lets continue to rag on JJ, I think I sense some jealousy.

I have dogged Leonard Little. Including on this thread. Including, in fact, the post you just replied to. He did serve 90 days in jail, but he got off light. And in case you're wondering...no, I'm not a Leonard Little fan.

BTW, all-knowing SD...is .19 drunk? Just curious.

Redick didn't harm anybody...this time. He did put lives in danger. If you decided to play russian roulette right now, you might not harm anybody...this time. But eventually, you'd get to the bullet. Redick was lucky he had a blank, so to speak. Hopefully he doesn't ever do it again.

Did he get away?

believe it or not yeah. I leaned over and turned his lights off and we were, no kidding, inching up the hill. I turned around and the cop flew by. Took back roads home and garaged the car. Although, it would have made for a better story if he got caught.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Guest dare_2_dream

I have dogged Leonard Little. Including on this thread. Including, in fact, the post you just replied to. He did serve 90 days in jail, but he got off light. And in case you're wondering...no, I'm not a Leonard Little fan.

BTW, all-knowing SD...is .19 drunk? Just curious.

Redick didn't harm anybody...this time. He did put lives in danger. If you decided to play russian roulette right now, you might not harm anybody...this time. But eventually, you'd get to the bullet. Redick was lucky he had a blank, so to speak. Hopefully he doesn't ever do it again.

Thats my point, the man messed up but didnt harm anyone so whats the big deal. If he had killed someone, I could see why you would be kick to jump on his case. He got pulled over and everything was handled as it was.

.19 was chump change for me on grad night :thumb:

How can you be naive enough to say he wasn't drunk?

Here's a free clue. If he's over the, as you put it, "LEGAL INTOXICATION LIMIT FOR DRIVING," he's drunk. Like VG said, if he did a U-Turn to get away from the police roadblock, you can be pretty sure he knew he shouldn't be driving.

Also, since you know everything there is to know, being a wise high school graduate and all, please help me here. How exactly did the cops know it was a famous person that hung the U-turn right in front of them? Does North Carolina have Famous People tags like we have, I don't know, university tags?

But yes, it doesn't matter what he does, he can ball. Nothing else matters at all. And nothing ever will. Right?

he will always be more succressful than you, so yes ... his personal affairs dont matter, its what he puts on the court. and the intoxication limit just means that it isnt safe for you to drive, because your reactions are impaired ... it doesnt mean you are DRUNK .. i would say at .03 over, he had a buzz. and what i meant about cops and famous people ... is that soon as that cop saw that it was a man whose face is on television, he knew it was a good deal. how did that story get out? ... how did the whole nation know he got pulled over? ... they were paid to release it.

Tommy from Nissan in Smyrna goes out after work and drinks one night. His BAC is .11. Do we ever hear about it? No. Does anyone care about it? No. But sense it JJ Redick, everyone jumps on the guys case. There are athletes doing a lot worse than drinking and driving, but yet he gets bashed for something so simple?

Redick chose to be a public figure. He chose to have the level of income, and attention, afforded a top-flight athlete.

Redick is hardly the only athlete I bash for his crimes. He's just the one that's the subject tonight.

Guest dare_2_dream

he will always be more succressful than you, so yes ... his personal affairs dont matter, its what he puts on the court. and the intoxication limit just means that it isnt safe for you to drive, because your reactions are impaired ... it doesnt mean you are DRUNK .. i would say at .03 over, he had a buzz. and what i meant about cops and famous people ... is that soon as that cop saw that it was a man whose face is on television, he knew it was a good deal. how did that story get out? ... how did the whole nation know he got pulled over? ... they were paid to release it.

Thats what Ive been trying to say, .11 doesnt make you drunk, it makes you drunk by law.

Redick chose to be a public figure. He chose to have the level of income, and attention, afforded a top-flight athlete.

Redick is hardly the only athlete I bash for his crimes. He's just the one that's the subject tonight.

He didnt choose it, his jump shot just brought all that stuff his way.

.03 to .12 Feeling of increased confidence, sense of daring. Look flushed or red in face. Trouble with fine actions, such writing.

.09 to .25 Trouble seeing or focusing, slow reactions, sleepy, stumble often or lose balance easily.

.18 to .30 Confusion, dizziness, slurred speech and lack of muscle coordination.

Above .25 Serious health issues, including death.

I guess the levels that overlap would have to do with gender and weight.

SD..that just goes with the territory of being famous. It`s the world we live in. Famous people are always gonna be in the news. Just take a look at all the rag publications that have paporazzi out every where.

Redick is a more "succressful" basketball player than I will ever be, that's fine. However, there's more to life than how well you can ball. There's more to being "succressful" than how many commas are in your salary.

It is illegal to drive with a buzz, then.

How did the story get out? It's public record. If you got pulled over for DUI, it'd run in the police blotter of your local paper. If I did, I would be on the police blotter of mine. Nobody got paid to release a public record, the police are LEGALLY REQUIRED to release public records.

How did it get out? Every news outlet worth its salt has people monitoring police scanners 24/7/365. So they knew there was a DUI and roughly how it happened -- they probably got the name over the scanner too.

Announcements