Antioch vs. Ravenwood

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I don't see any ravenwood crazies getting on here and blaming it on them having to miss practice for a week.....these are the same folks who said it didn't amount to a hill of beans that they were in pads early...so, I'm sure the anology is the same...it didn't make a hill of beans difference that they were in pads late.

Ole Dad

I heard Antioch whupped up on 'em pretty good.

That scrimmage result validates two things that I have predicted about this season.

1. Antioch, if they play the way Coach Woodward wants them to, is one team that I would want no part of in November. I mean, yesterday's matchup could be a first round playoff game. If you're going to beat them, you better beat them before the end of September.

2. Ravenwood is going to have a hard time winning Region 6-5A. They have suffered some key personnel losses and they are going to miss Wilkerson as much, or more, than anybody they lost. He was a very good athlete and matched up well against speed teams. From what I've heard, Antioch was playing at a totally different speed than the Raptors were. This team may be battling Indy for the third playoff spot in the Region.

That scrimmage result validates two things that I have predicted about this season.

1. Antioch, if they play the way Coach Woodward wants them to, is one team that I would want no part of in November. I mean, yesterday's matchup could be a first round playoff game. If you're going to beat them, you better beat them before the end of September.

2. Ravenwood is going to have a hard time winning Region 6-5A. They have suffered some key personnel losses and they are going to miss Wilkerson as much, or more, than anybody they lost. He was a very good athlete and matched up well against speed teams. From what I've heard, Antioch was playing at a totally different speed than the Raptors were. This team may be battling Indy for the third playoff spot in the Region.

Ravenwood may not even make the playoffs! This years team is not last years team! I give them 6 wins, at best.