Sports Plus Jamboree in Jackson

TWizzy551

TCA won 14-0. I think Peabody only lost two fumbles...still way too many in 20 minutes of football.

TCA looked very impressive. Moved the ball on offense almost at will. Joel Essenburg (AKA "Ice") scored both TCA touchdowns, one on a 10-ish yard run, the other on a 15-ish yard pass from Tomlin.

Hard to tell what Peabody had offensively, as they never got going. Harper fumbled one that looked like it just slipped out of his hand as he was rolling right.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

South Side and Humboldt tied at 6. Humboldt scored in the final minute to tie, then a bad snap on the PAT kept it that way. Donald broke an impressive 50-yard run to set up a beautiful catch by Roe on a Wardlow pass for the TD. I thought both teams looked pretty good.

JCS and North Side tied at 8. JCS went 3-and-out, and NS moved downfield and scored with little problem. Mann looked great running the ball for the Indians, and he's just a SO. JCS scored on a 45 yard pass from Fowler to Rayner late in the second quarter, then picked off Lowery's first pass on the ensuing possession. Couldn't get it into the end zone, though.

I left after that because my socks were soaked thanks to my leaky shoes.

After hearing soooo much about JCM's defense during the off season - I was surprised that Milan was able to move the ball and score like they did. Their defense was big and strong looking, but they did not produce. The USJ - Liberty game surprised everyone I think. Fans expected to see Liberty blow USJ away and were totally surprised by the outcome. Plus, don't overlook my NS Indians too much this year, we might come back and bite you if you do.