Brentwood/Riverdale Scrimmage

masterpastor

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw some of the 'scrimmage' today. There was a lot of work on building depth, playing the 2d line with the first backfield and vice-verse. Mostly platoon work. There was a relatively short period of scrimmaging with the first teams.

Atakpu was back going full speed. Miller, Ward, and Smith were not dressed.

In the down and distance scrimmaging each team had two full possesions. Riverdale scored on both of their possesions and Brentwood did not score.

In the goal line work, Brentwood scored on both possesions and Riverdale scored once.

Neither team scored in their two-minute drills.

I couldn't keep up with the reserves. It looked like Brentwood was getting close to scoring so they took the ball away and gave it to Riverdale. They did the same thing last year, whenever someone got close to scoring they turned the teams around and gave the ball to the other team.

Boykin ran the team the rest of the way after the first scrimmage score. He got a lot of work with the first offense and looked really good. When he starts getting all the work he'll be a good QB. He will be more than adequate in 2007.

A bunch of people seem to have changed numbers. Just as I was learning them they change. I'm not sure it's permanent though. Mayes was in #28 and I think that number is retired. Atakpu was in #14, Boykin was in #7.

Scott looked really good in the 7 on 7 passing drills.

I'm happier with the offense right now than the defense. The front 7 should be dominant. They are on some plays on others they seem to get outplayed.

The freshmen srimmaged the whole time and they seemed to be having a blast. I'm not sure how the score came out but I saw Riverdale break off several long runs.

Now it's time to get healthy and get ready for Siegel.

That was a pretty physical scrimmage yesterday. Hope everyone came through it OK.

Brentwood has a good team and a bunch of very impressive young ones. They could definitely be a factor when the playoffs roll around. If not by then, expect them to be a top five team in 2007.

Have we completely shuffled the OL? Looked like, left to right: Hill, Grove, Lielenthal, Spurlock, Patterson. Of course, with all the different numbers I could be wrong. The 2d OL looked very impressive yesterday as well. Considering that the OL was supposed to be the weak link I'm feeling optimistic.

The Sonny Moore preseason ratings that were just released are interesting.

Here's what I posted on the Riverdale thread. Like all scrimmages there will be different viewpoints. I thought it was some great work for both teams.

from what i heard this wasn't really a scrimmage, just more of a really organized practice. riverdale scored more than brentwood, but brentwood made a few big plays. Riverdale has been struck by injury and may lose a couple starters for week zero action. Atakpu is back and will play in week zero action.

What if any effect will moving Brentwood's All-State DE Jaron Norfleet to linebacker this year have for the Bruins?

from what i heard this wasn't really a scrimmage, just more of a really organized practice. riverdale scored more than brentwood, but brentwood made a few big plays. Riverdale has been struck by injury and may lose a couple starters for week zero action. Atakpu is back and will play in week zero action.

I'm a little woried about injuries right now. Like a said it was a very physical scrimmage. I failed to mention in my earlier post that Sumrall was also not dressed. Some pretty good players watching yesterday but hopefully that was just to let them get healed for next week.

I heard riverdale beat the heck out of brentwood???

The overton kids and one of there coaches said they beat the heck out of them in a scrimmage also.

Is brentwood down some?? We play them in week 2

i wonder if crawford is gonna wish he had took riverdale up on their offer this year. they should be fine though, great program and i wish them the best of luck :P

i wonder if crawford is gonna wish he had took riverdale up on their offer this year. they should be fine though, great program and i wish them the best of luck :lol:

When you consider the fact that Brentwood High School is one of the top academic public schools in the United States (US News & World Report) I feel confident that Crawford wanted to stay at Brentwood due to his classroom situation.

Personally, the scrimmage between R'dale and Brentwood couldn't very easily be judged for a couple of reasons. For instance, while the first OL for Bwood was going through inside run, their starting QB and RB's were at a 7 on 7 passing drill. And in vice versa order, the whole linebacking crew for bwood wasn't given ANY snaps at run, and solely focussed on pass.

Although i usually don't like to pick a winner or better team especially when it's more of a very organized practice I would have to say that Riverdale looked more prepared but Brentwood had a lot of fight in them especially on the long 3rd down plays and goalline. Riverdale was clicking on offense but couldn't seem to stop the run and short pass game. Overall Riverdale wa more polished.

Can anyone give me info about #7 for riverdale? And from reading I hear he's not the starter but after seeing him play in person i feel confident in saying he would be a starter at nearly any other school. Thanks