Science Hill at Sullivan Central

Topper70

I bleive we have as good a team as we had last year. In some ways better. Especially if our ball carriers get around the ends or in open field. And our big D is stronger. The only difference is we loose the home field advantage. Still I think the score will be close to last year. From what I read Sulivan Central is pretty much the same as last year, Sulivan Central Athletes=Big,Strong, Sulivan Central Coaches=Poor.

I say its SH 40, SC 8.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Tucker will start but Hill to see some playing time. I like the way that Coach challenged them to step up but I really believe that playing the hot one until one seperates himself will prove to be an uniting force for this team. Both need the experince because this offense allows the qb to take hits and I believe the offense will be more concerned about doing their jobs instead of who's taking the snaps. This offense is absolutely loaded and will be way too much for Central. Hot Dog it's Football Time in Tennessee.

Got pretty ugly. The RB for Central is going to angry tomorrow... he had two big runs which ended up doing nothing. The defense seems to be pretty on point this year and should continue to get better every game. Tucker seemed to be the better QB, showing a little more poise than the younger Tomas Hill. Issac Kinley (sophmore) looked decent with a huge hit on a kick off, he ran the Central RB down on his second huge run and a huge interception almost taking it for 6 but was taken down at around the 2 or 3. Tucker had two rushing TD's and a passing as well. SHHS seemed to run the spread option just as well as last year in this first showing. Nat and Solomon were pretty on point with the run game tonight which everyone predicted to be the bigger factor. Solomon is quick but seemed to always give the extra effort when going up the middle or just trying to get another yard and Nat Scott has shown some moves from years past and is becomming a more go-to guy. SHHS looked alright but could be better, here we come Betsy. :thumb:

I thought Science Hill’s overall performance for a first game was pretty good. In my opinion Tucker was clearly the best quarterback with showing good accuracy in his passes and very good running ability. The running backs looked good too, with Duannah showing a mixture of speed, power and great balance. With the exception of a couple of big breakaways, I thought the defense looked good. I really liked that defensive lineman (Castle) run down Central’s running back from behind. I think SH showed overall good team speed with good size too. I believe SH is better than they were last year for sure. I am told that coach Bowles said this is the best team he has had in the 8 years he has been at SH. I am looking forward to going to Elizabethton next week and hoping to see the team improve.

Defense looked better against the run up the middle than yesterday and the speed was needed to chase down some big gains. They played tough and deserved the shout out but can never argue against building depth. Pass rush shut down ability for Central to even muster an come back attempt.

Tucker played great in the first half but the offense seemed to lose intrest or got stale as the game went on. I was surprised to that Hill wasn't allowed to get two consecutive series with the game being controlled. Offense was able to take advantage of the short field in the second half to add a couple of scores. Just seem that they weren't able to substain any drives to keep the defense rested but that's just an by product of the scheme.

I thought that team should have had at least 3 more touchdowns. Good win and builds momentum going into the Elizabethton game. Now if we can just get the Topper's fans to get more into the game the experince will be even better for the kids.

another quick interesting note, i do believe i saw a West Virginia scout in the stands but he left when it began to spit rain, not sure why.... maybe not interested? i'm sure he was looking at David Alexander and Ben Murray among some others possibly. by the way I noticed that there are a TON of players out this year and everyone is huge, great plus for SHHS finally some people WANT to play football there. when i was there we had to beg people.

I bleive we have as good a team as we had last year. In some ways better. Especially if our ball carriers get around the ends or in open field. And our big D is stronger. The only difference is we loose the home field advantage. Still I think the score will be close to last year. From what I read Sulivan Central is pretty much the same as last year, Sulivan Central Athletes=Big,Strong, Sulivan Central Coaches=Poor.

I say its SH 40, SC 8.

Well, I missed it by one touchdown. I was very impressed overall with our team. Our D line did great against there run and I bleive we took away their whole game plan by doing that. Our QB surpised me with his feet. We're looking to have a great season. Central on the other hand like I said before continues to make those bad mistakes on the sidelines. They acted like they couldn't get the plays in on time and couldn't get the right players in the game. Hate to say it again, Poor Coaches, Good Players on that team.

I think we will dominate the season! Go TOPPERS!

You guys saw an average 5A team dominate a less than average 4A squad. The Toppers looked good and I am proud of them, but we obviously have quite a bit of work to do before declaring them contenders. We are still a 3-4 seed in our region. Take your blinders off and be real. With this team we should make the playoffs but don't look to far ahead. We won't go deep.

You still have to love the action last night. We ran the ball well but will have to get the ball to the WRs more often to increase success. Next week's opponent will offer quite a bit more resistance. Prepare!!!!

GO TOPPERS!!

I might have to disagree Nutski,I think you guys are pretty tough this year.Ben Murray is an absolute beast,and Central's line is pretty good,thats the same line that won the hogs award as best line in the conference last year.Too many turnovers for Central,and too much speed from SH,that #40 runs hard,he will be having quite a season I do believe.I think you all might have beaten a better team than you think also,it's a little early to say that though. Either way,congrats on the first win,and good luck against Betsy.