McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

OK ya'll what are we looking at with the Rebels this season? How will we look against the top teams of region 7A? I'm thinkin' that Lake Co. is our biggest challenge. What about West Carroll, Union City, etc.. How is Carr looking running the Rebel offense?

It ain't that long untill the season opens up so lets get some talk going!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY!

All around we should be a better football team this year. I think people will be suprised on how good Derrick really is. I have seen them scrimmage and he made some good decisions vs Stewart Co. The receivers dropped some balls that they should have caught but over all they played well. Jacob Fuzzell looked really good running the ball. Along w/ him in the backfield is Merrick, French and the Weatherford kid from the middle school last year.

Defensively, it could not get any worse than last year. But I was seeing signs of a more aggressive defense in the scrimmage I saw.

It is hard to say how we will do. I really don't know who has what coming back. I know UC lost a bunch of kids, but really they just reload. Lake Co seems to be the team to beat. They gave us all we wanted last year. (WHAT A GAME!)

Can't wait!

I have been thinking that our offense might be a lot more balanced this season and I know Carr is gonna be a good one from what I've seen from him last year.

Glad to hear that we have some kids stepping up at RB too!! If the Defense can keep us in the hunt, we should be fine is my thinking. :ph34r:

GO REBELS!!!!!!

I have been thinking that our offense might be a lot more balanced this season and I know Carr is gonna be a good one from what I've seen from him last year.

Glad to hear that we have some kids stepping up at RB too!! If the Defense can keep us in the hunt, we should be fine is my thinking. :D

GO REBELS!!!!!!

BTT, Where ya'll at????? What's new or going on with the Rebels. Are we playing in the Jamboree this season? Against who? What half? Etc.

Who do ya'll think will settle in at the starting RB for the Rebels?

BTT, Where ya'll at????? What's new or going on with the Rebels. Are we playing in the Jamboree this season? Against who? What half? Etc.

Who do ya'll think will settle in at the starting RB for the Rebels?

We play 4th quarter @ Huntingdon against Lexington(i think)but I know the 4th is correct.

as to 2nd statement who knows that's rocky ground right now. We have to get some balls under us, still need to toughen up a bit.. IT IS HERE YEE HAW!!!!!

we will play Trenton next Friday at home. as to Carr he is doing WELL but he has got to open up to the other guys and not rely on Julian all the time. I think we'll fare pretty well. soon very soon we will see !!!!!

GO REBELS

We play 4th quarter @ Huntingdon against Lexington(i think)but I know the 4th is correct.

as to 2nd statement who knows that's rocky ground right now. We have to get some balls under us, still need to toughen up a bit.. IT IS HERE YEE HAW!!!!!

we will play Trenton next Friday at home. as to Carr he is doing WELL but he has got to open up to the other guys and not rely on Julian all the time. I think we'll fare pretty well. soon very soon we will see !!!!!

GO REBELS

eyeball,

Thanks for the response. Are you a player?

I've seen Carr play last season and not too worried about his ability. Any QB needs to use ALL his receivers though and that will come in time. I'm just anxious to see who works out at RB and FB. That will make a ton of difference to the Rebels this season.

Then if the Defense has started stepping up as I've heard they have, we could be in great shape for this season. Don't know if I'll make it to the Jamboree or not but, I'll at least listen to it if not there. BUT, the next Friday night when we take on Trenton I'll be there if I'm living and mobile!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way to go against crockett guys are they overated this season or is mckenzie state bound

Jarvis Perry sat out for Crockett County. A 72-yard TD run by Terry Lyons was called back on a penalty, and McKenzie's lone touchdown cam against the back-up defense. McKenzie played well, but don't get ahead of yourself yet.

From what I have seen from Carr, he has got to go through his progression when he is passing. He dead eyeing the reciever he is going to throw to. A well coached team will pick up on this if he does not look off. He has 3 quality recievers in Rogers, Smith and Tucker. No need to rely only on one guy.

GO REBELS

Jarvis Perry sat out for Crockett County. A 72-yard TD run by Terry Lyons was called back on a penalty, and McKenzie's lone touchdown cam against the back-up defense. McKenzie played well, but don't get ahead of yourself yet.

crockettfan,

I think someone finally determined that high_school_sports_fan was from Dyersburg and not McKenzie. Just thought I'd pass that along.