Who is the best team 1A

SP-ALLSTAR

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You talk tough. No one on the MP team would back up from TC. They don't scare.

i don't believe i ever said anyone from MP was scared of anything or that they would back up from TC, i didn't even imply that. don't put words in my mouth. you know lemmings don't scare either, even when they run off cliffs to their demise. :o

He can play 2 gaurd in basketball what can he play in football at the next level. Wardawg have you gone to any aau basketball and seen him play? I didnt think so. He has improved his jumper and his ball handling skills have improved since last season and yes he has people looking for him to play basketball. A school out of North Carolina was in Nashville and was asking about him. Plus what is he goin to play in football at the next level? It isnt goin to be QB. It not goin to be Wide Reciever are a DB. Why i say he isnt goin to be QB is that there not a whole lot of wing t offences anymore and he shys away from contact to be a db and no one knows if he can catch a football to be a wr. So you tell me what he is goin to play at the next level in football because i dont know where he would fit in. But as far as basketball he can because he has improved over last summer and will be a top flight propect in basketball in west tennessee. And far as awards do you think that colleges are high on awards i dont think so. If that was the case then why did tony tyler and marquis weedle get the same offer and go to the same school in three rivers. Marquis won mr basketball in single a, tony achieved well a handfull of all district teams. But colleges recruit players that are goin to help there teams concept.

Springer's best chances are in Football as wardawg stated. He will likely receive some NAIA and Division IAA offers. Probably at Free Safety or Strong Safety if he bulks up some maybe corner at some smaller schools. There is no doubt he is an athlete and College football coaches have no trouble recruiting raw athleticism. You are right he will not likely play QB at the next level, I am sure he is their because of some leadership he may have demonstrated and he is a credible option QB. I did not see Lake County run WingT last year. They ran various option concepts. Have they changed?

riverrat, good to see you back. How are things going your way? You hit the nail on the head. Most College coaches see Springer as a DB or WR at the college level. UT-Martin made a verbal offer in the spring and that was their intention. Brandon is a smart young man with great ability. Alot of good athletes play QB in HS and then transition to other positions at the college level. Coaches play players in positions to help the team win. I wish the best for Brandon in his future whatever it may be, bottomline is for him to get a College Degree.

lcfalcon007, I promise you I have seen Springer up close and personal more than anyone in FB and Basketball. Sounds like you have not watched him play much from your comments. 1st Lake Co. does not run the Wing-T. They run the I and alot of option out of it. 2nd Springer does not shy from contact. One thing almost every college coach that watched a film on him says is how he is NOT afraid of contact! I never said he would play QB in college, doesn't have to, Colleges especially in FB recruit athletes. Both Marquis and Tony were great HS B-ball players but not a hot commodity for major college, thats why they are at 3 rivers. Springer has Major college, D-1AA to small D-1, football ability or JUCO / small college B-Ball ability. Which would you choose??

If you are talking about #24 for South Pittsburg, I beg to differ. Robert Robinson rushed for 1,300 yards in 7 games as a sophomore oh yeah, and he was ALL STATE HONORABLE MENTION........ COWARD?? I don't think so.... B)

Honorable Mention? Wow I didn't know that, wohoo!!

#24 is one of the most intense, emotional players in the region. He's young, yeah, but give the kid some credit. For god's sake, he rushed for 1,300 yards as a sophomore in 7 games!! I'd like to meet the kid who thinks he can handle #24!!

This MUST be his momma speaking.