Is Partridge Chattanooga's Best Player?

bratman

There is alot of talk Laura Brock being the states best player. What about Partridge from Notre Dame? It seems that she has been playing forever. I know that she wasn't at the playday Saturday, but from what I've seen the last couple of years, she may be the state's best player in A/AA.

She is not getting the attention of Brock or Wolf, but shouldn't Partridge be on that list? Truthfully, ND was just average on Saturday. With Partridge, they will compete with KC and ER.

For those of you who see this young lady alot, just how good is she.

Compassion, any thoughts?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is alot of talk Laura Brock being the states best player. What about Partridge from Notre Dame? It seems that she has been playing forever. I know that she wasn't at the playday Saturday, but from what I've seen the last couple of years, she may be the state's best player in A/AA.

She is not getting the attention of Brock or Wolf, but shouldn't Partridge be on that list? Truthfully, ND was just average on Saturday. With Partridge, they will compete with KC and ER.

For those of you who see this young lady alot, just how good is she.

Compassion, any thoughts?

I haven't seen her play this HS season but did want to make sure you weren't also (as far as "playing forever") thinking of her sister who preceded her by 2 years and went to UGA on a vball scholarship?

I have seen her play about 7-8 matches this summer and feel like she is quite a good player. She is a different type of player than Brock but both are excellent. I feel like that if Brock were as tall as Partridge, she would be one of the top recruits in the nation. Partridge runs a nice slide and has a great jump serve. I think she was every bit as good as Brock, and both will lead their teams this year. It will be very interesting to see who emerges as the top A-AA dog between these two players and teams.

I heard that ND struggled without Partridge at the East Ridge playday. It shows that the State's big three A/AA teams rely heavy on their big three players Brock-Wolf-Partridge. Without them, could any of these teams make the State Tournament?

Brat, while i have seen only one of these three and i am only guessing, it is in the coaches hands because I believe Coach Neeley will change her Coaching Style before mid season and expand Brocks role.

PH, I agree 110% Although patsfan will disagree, I think that of the Big Three

ER - KC and ND, the team that gets the most out of their big time player Brock, Wolf, Partridge, will be the team that wins it all. Those three are the difference makers. Neely is smart. By state you will see Brock hitting or touching every ball. If KC and ND don't do the same then ER will repeat.

• 5 weeks later...

Now that we are at the half way point, what are everyones thoughts?

i will explain my opinion...partridge is a force and her team still has multiple good players but w/o partridge i'm not 100% sure if they would be able to compete with ER! i don't believe she is the best in the state but she has potential...if ND wins State then she is an excellent canidate for Player of the Year! it will be either her or Strozak if they win.

I have seen her play about 7-8 matches this summer and feel like she is quite a good player. She is a different type of player than Brock but both are excellent. I feel like that if Brock were as tall as Partridge, she would be one of the top recruits in the nation. Partridge runs a nice slide and has a great jump serve. I think she was every bit as good as Brock, and both will lead their teams this year. It will be very interesting to see who emerges as the top A-AA dog between these two players and teams.

Is this girl a club player? I dont see her listed with Dig to Win. How tall is she?

Is this girl a club player? I dont see her listed with Dig to Win. How tall is she?

Brock is the only one of the three I have seen and i still believe that Neeley had to change her style for ER to be doing as well as they are today compared to how they were doing earlier but I have not seen them since then. Brock looks to be 5'9" with a great vertical but the way she was used earlier, she was being boxed at the net. She is a super athlete and some University will be able to use her. If the others are compared to her, they will all do very well at another level.

I saw Baylor at Brentwood and saw a number of great players there but all had a different style.

Certainly there are a lot of players in Chattanooga that will play at another level.

Announcements