Powell @ Knox Webb

osunut2

Webb will win this game on a fullback trap in the 4th quarter

I gotta say, 3 years ago, Powell didn't know who had the ball for 48 straight minutes against the Spartans; they were totally baffled. However, they adjusted very well to defend that Wing-T in '04 and '05. It will be interesting to see what happens in this game; it should be a good one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict the following:

1. Webb will win AGAIN

2. Lowe will get 1 penality (or someone on the staff)

3. The S. Spurrier visor will be on backwards, sleeves rolled up, and he will have done 20 sets of curls before the game to get pumped.

4. A new "volunteer" coach will be on the sidelines - long shaggy hair, 'bout 6-6, 240, good looking former athlete. Check his pockets!

5. HTV will respond to this within 30 minutes.

Webb has had Powell's number, but I think this game is too important for Powell to mess up. Webb was awfully good last year, don't think they can make it three in a row. Powell 24-Webb21

I hate to tell you, Oskie, but it already is three in a row. Webb won at Webb in 2003, then at Powell in 2004 and 2005. :thumb:

Webb won big in 2003 and then 30-27 and 13-12 in the last two games.

Hopefully, if one is a Powell supporter, that streak will be broken tomorrow night.

Earlier this week, I wanted to ignore my heart and go with Webb by a touchdown, but this game trully is essential for the Panthers and even more important for their new head coach. Webb has found a way to beat Powell the last 3 years, and the Panthers are due for a W against the Spartans. Webb looked pretty good offensively against a talented West team last week, but I'm gonna call this a toss-up. This game could easily come down to the last play of the game.