OCTOBER 30

jimbo44

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some teams have already started practice, i mean conditioning, right???????????

yes, I'm sure some have started to Practice but we won't go that route. I want to win fair and square! We condition. Like stuff on the track, the stadiums, stuff without the basketball. i do believe that's what the rule says. If i'm wrong, someone please inform me.

Edited by coachgat

Are you trying to correct me or are you being sarcastic?

Neither.

Actually, I wrote about two pages on this subject and realized I had just repeated what I said last year and removed it. Based on how I took your comments, I could not be in more agreement with you. Here is some of the post:

Does it matter what the rule is? T$$AA lacks manpower/money and the will to enforce the rules as written. Yes, if someone turns someone in and jumps up and down and beats their chest and has an open and close case, they will do something about that out of embarrassment, but otherwise it's just do what ever you want.

I really think the T$$AA should just stick to providing refs and making sure the events are ran by the hard fast rules of the game and the other stuff should be done away with. Right now, there are so many ways to get around the rules and every rule has so many exceptions, they are no good. If ya want to practice all year and you don't tick someone off, you can do it with no problem. If ya want to force a player to participate in an off season program to be eligible for the next season, you can. Everything is implied and never written down or traceable. If ya want to get someone to move to your district to play and have something to offer, it's not an issue. So, I'm all for just forgetting the rules except for the game itself and letting whoever works the hardest and longest and can get the best players reap the rewards during the season. No wait, that's what we have in place now :thumb:

So here is an idea. Let's take some of the $$ out and put the SS back in the TSSAA. Let's take that money and put it into enforcing the rules that took so much time and effort to be written. It can be done, the question is, will it?

I am for enforcing the rules as written. However, that does not mean that I agree with the rules :lol:

HOOPS TO YA!!!!

kw

Neither.

Actually, I wrote about two pages on this subject and realized I had just repeated what I said last year and removed it. Based on how I took your comments, I could not be in more agreement with you. Here is some of the post:

Does it matter what the rule is? T$$AA lacks manpower/money and the will to enforce the rules as written. Yes, if someone turns someone in and jumps up and down and beats their chest and has an open and close case, they will do something about that out of embarrassment, but otherwise it's just do what ever you want.

I really think the T$$AA should just stick to providing refs and making sure the events are ran by the hard fast rules of the game and the other stuff should be done away with. Right now, there are so many ways to get around the rules and every rule has so many exceptions, they are no good. If ya want to practice all year and you don't tick someone off, you can do it with no problem. If ya want to force a player to participate in an off season program to be eligible for the next season, you can. Everything is implied and never written down or traceable. If ya want to get someone to move to your district to play and have something to offer, it's not an issue. So, I'm all for just forgetting the rules except for the game itself and letting whoever works the hardest and longest and can get the best players reap the rewards during the season. No wait, that's what we have in place now :thumb:

So here is an idea. Let's take some of the $$ out and put the SS back in the TSSAA. Let's take that money and put it into enforcing the rules that took so much time and effort to be written. It can be done, the question is, will it?

I am for enforcing the rules as written. However, that does not mean that I agree with the rules :lol:

HOOPS TO YA!!!!

kw

Gosh, you nailed this. I like people that tell it like it is. I especially like the 'idea' part.

A CROSSOVER-THEN-BEHIND-THE-BACK-DRIBBLE-FOR-A-DUNK-FINISH...back at ya! :lol:

Gosh, you nailed this. I like people that tell it like it is. I especially like the 'idea' part.

A CROSSOVER-THEN-BEHIND-THE-BACK-DRIBBLE-FOR-A-DUNK-FINISH...back at ya! :thumb:

Yeah, I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm not from TN but I coach here now. This is my second year here and I remember last year how my principal emphasized fervently what I can't do and when I can't do it. I understand her position and I'm grateful for her guidance. I have no gripes about not doing certain things in the offseason but I am well aware that others are getting a head start. I feel that my experience in MS made me ready to handle what's going on here. When I coached middle school girls bball, we could only use 7th and 8th graders and we basically had only 3 weeks before the first game. We could not do anything in the summer. So that was pressure! In those three years as head coach in middle school, I only lost 6 times. So not having the time during school to prepare is not a major issue, I've been use to that. However, I would like to have better access to my players during the summer. With the explosion of AAU, it makes it very difficult to get some of the parents to see the importance of the team coming together and getting better as a unit. I think AAU is a very necessary thing for youth sports. On the flip side, I don't think it should be priority over the school. All the talent in the world won't make you play as a team unless you actually PLAY as a team. As it relates to the rules being overlooked, that's a sad thing to say that it happens because TN is not the only place where that was a problem. In MS people got away with using illegal players all the time and the sad thing was that their administration would back their wrong doing. At the school I coached, we tried to instill doing the right thing from administration on down. Me wanting to win fair and square, is real with me. It won't sit right if I don't get it fair. I remember bowling and was close to having a perfect score. I went over the foul line and the buzzer didn't go off. So I could have went and got the perfect score but I would not have felt good about it because I knew I didn't earn it. I know I'm being very long winded, but I had to explain my position. It would be nice to have more time to get the girls together. Especially last year. I got the job late and didn't have but 4 days to work with them in the summer. It was too much to accomplish on the AAA level. All of the other teams in my district had stability and they knew their girls. It was a very rough year inspite of coming in 3rd in the district and being one game away from substate.

I too agree that you are on the MONEY, pun intended with T$$AA.

Edited by coachgat