Lincoln County at Blackman

tdluna

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln County looked good tonight. Again, Blackman struggled with second quarter woes. Lincoln County looks good, but not sure how their o-line would hold up against a passing attack style defense. LC didn't throw much because they didn't have to. Credit the o-line for making big holes for Ramsey. The Falcons defense looks great. One of the best defenses I have seen in a while. Blackman has some talent, they just need to settle down and become one team. I think they can pull of some wins, if they can just settle and get over those second quarter jumbles.

Edited by tdluna

Good solid performance by the falcons tonight, defense looked real good most of the time as we are starting to get everyone back healthy. The offense looked very solid also with Jeremy Ramsey running for 300 yds and the O-line blocking the best they have so far since the spring. Good all around effort.

I can figure out Blackman though, they have some great looking athletes, but for what ever reason just can't put it together. The tailback looks great but spends a little too much time dancing around and trying to fake out everybody instead of just running north and south. The kicker is a great talent that's for sure if he's kicking you will not return ANY kickoffs as they will all go through the endzone, and his punts are kicked so high in the air that you have no chance for a return.

Good Luck to the Blaze the rest of the year! :thumb:

Lincoln County looked good tonight. Again, Blackman struggled with second quarter woes. Lincoln County looks good, but not sure how their o-line would hold up against a passing attack style defense. LC didn't throw much because they didn't have to. Credit the o-line for making big holes for Ramsey. The Falcons defense looks great. One of the best defenses I have seen in a while. Blackman has some talent, they just need to settle down and become one team. I think they can pull of some wins, if they can just settle and get over those second quarter jumbles.

The Falcons ame out with intensity last night and did not let up. It was not all Jeremy Ramsey though, and that is the good thing. Chris Shelton had some good passes, and even a 70+ yard touchdown run. The defense was solid all acroos the front. The offensive line looked great, considering everyone has been calling them our weakness. As far as Blackman goes, can't figure those guys out. They have some talent, it just doesn't seem to have chemistry. I do see one glaring problem though, and since we were sitting amongst the Blaze faithful last night, I could obviously tell from their remarks that they see it too, it Mimms. He raqn hard the first quarter, but after a few hits, he started to dance around more than run the ball. He didn't play the second half for (what I think was) disobeying the coach and getting into an argument with another player. I wouldn't single him out if not for hearing SO many Blackman people openly voice their displearue with him. Honestly, I think the offense looked better without him. Mauricio Wallace (#1) is a good player too. He had to be exhausted after the game, he was all over the field all night long. Good luck Blaze, maybe things will get turned around!

The Tennessean says Mimms got 23 yards...that sounds low.

The thing that struck me about the game was that even after the Falcons were up by 21, it wasn't because they were dominating the field - they had a few big plays that made that happen, and Blackman had a few missed opportunities for big plays that could've kept them in it. Of course, when you're down by 21 and you're playing in warm muggy weather it's extremely hard to turn things around, so the Falcons did dominate the rest of the game.

I wasn't real impressed with our pass defense - Blackman had a lot of opportunities for big gains (and had one long pass called back), and we need to work a bit harder on hanging on to the ball, but overall for the second game I'm happy with them - I hope they keep it up.

I also noticed both the offense liine and defense line did a good job - good pursuit on defense and the offense did a fine job making holes and following up on plays.

Edited by jabbo

You are right. Mimms seems too busy trying to get his own stats instead of being a team player. He got popped a few times against us and then deflated. How many yds did he get against yall?

We had him down for 9 rushes for 29 yds. He came out on the field to start the second half and the coach pulled him off and he never went back in the game after that.

Edited by Falconstatman

I went to this game last night and saw a revitalized Falcon team. It was a great performance on both sides of the ball for the Falcons. They hit their stride last night. I expect they will be a formidable foe to anyone.

On the other hand, Blackman looked really bad. The plays looked as if they were drawn up in the back yard. Lots of busted plays and improvisation on both sides of the ball but has a lot of good looking athletes. They appeared to be a team without a rudder. I don't know what the problem is but the fire was not burning for the Blaze last night. In my opinion, there was no motivation and no team play. If I were their coach, the heat on the practice field would be more than they could bear.