Division II Football restructuring?

PowerSweep

Actually I found the % of almost every private school around here at www.privateschoolreview.com. These are listed under % students of color.

Here they are....

Nashville Christian--5%

Goodpasture--4%

David Lipscomb--3%

MBA--7%

Brentwood Academy--6%

CPA--not given

Harpeth Hall--not given

Ezell Harding--6%

Friendship--1 % :D

Father Ryan--7%

BGA--2%

Mount Juliet Chrisatian-3%

SAt. Cecilia--6%

FRA--2%

DCA--2%

Ensworth--not given

Columbia Academy--3%

Clarksville Academy--4%

Zion Christian--7%

Middle Tennessee Christian--6%

Pope John Paul II--not given

Now unless those 4 schools that were not given contain an unbelievable amount of minority students, I just don't see how you can even fathom 12%. Sorry. :lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then that explains why you guys can't read! :lol: I'm saying 12-13% like the national average ... VG is saying 27%. 6/50 is 12%. :D

I fail to see what a national % has to do with this. Whats the point in that. Let`s talk about the area %. That serves a better guage for your points.

Actually I found the % of almost every private school around here at www.privateschoolreview.com. These are listed under % students of color.

Here they are....

Nashville Christian--5%

Goodpasture--4%

David Lipscomb--3%

MBA--7%

Brentwood Academy--6%

CPA--not given

Harpeth Hall--not given

Ezell Harding--6%

Friendship--1 % :P

Father Ryan--7%

BGA--2%

SAt. Cecilia--6%

FRA--2%

DCA--2%

Ensworth--not given

Columbia Academy--3%

Clarksville Academy--4%

Zion Christian--7%

Now unless those 4 schools that were not given contain an unbelievable amount of minority students, I just don't see how you can even fathom 12%. Sorry. :D

That`s what I thought.

I really, really question those stats. I know FCS does not hand them out ... I just emailed a former classmate and admin there. Nor is that information published or collected in any other form. Not to mention ... they don't even have half of the denomination information right for most of the schools.

Great find! :D

Here they are....

Nashville Christian--5%

Goodpasture--4%

David Lipscomb--3%

MBA--7%

Brentwood Academy--6%

CPA--not given

Harpeth Hall--not given

Ezell Harding--6%

Friendship--1 % :lol:

Father Ryan--7%

BGA--2%

SAt. Cecilia--6%

FRA--2%

DCA--2%

Ensworth--not given

Columbia Academy--3%

Clarksville Academy--4%

Zion Christian--7%

Now unless those 4 schools that were not given contain an unbelievable amount of minority students, I just don't see how you can even fathom 12%. Sorry. :P

Edited by tnsddeveloper

I really, really question those stats. I know FCS does not hand them out ... I just emailed a former classmate and admin there. Not to mention ... they don't even have half of the denomination information right for most of the schools.

Great find! :lol:

Don't hate the messenger, just the message. :D

I really, really question those stats. I know FCS does not hand them out ... I just emailed a former classmate and admin there. Nor is that information published or collected in any other form. Not to mention ... they don't even have half of the denomination information right for most of the schools.

Great find! :lol:

So are you saying these are fabricated?

I saw where 29% of white kids in Davidson County went to private schools so itsnot like its just kids in the outlining areas going to private schools.

No. But they do live on the outer edge of Davidson Co. That is where I was going with making comparisons of where the kids live. DCA is in Donelson, FRA is northern Brentwood-ish souther Green Hills-ish, etc.

No. But they do live on the outer edge of Davidson Co. That is where I was going with making comparisons of where the kids live. DCA is in Donelson, FRA is northern Brentwood-ish souther Green Hills-ish, etc.

Tns,

You don't have to explain the lower minority (specifically African American) density in privates with location. I'm not sure that is valid anyway since students can attend from anywhere. There is a better and absolutely valid explanation.

Because small privates charge anywhere from $6000 to $12000 per year in tuition, it is almost impossible for lower middle and lower income families to pay to attend. It is a real burden for most middle income families, and virtually impossible for middle income families who have more than one child. So, almost all of the students in Davidson county privates are middle to upper income students. Because a MUCH higher percentage of the minority population falls in the lower middle and lower income brackets, the simple explanation could be that the privates do match up percentage wise to the minority population of the county, but not to the whole population but the percentage of minorities who can afford the tuition vs the population at large who can afford it. I don't have figures but I would bet that more than half of the Davidson County African American population falls into the lower middle or lower income level.