Knoxville Halls travels to Sevier Co.

fairplay2121

Can't leave their defense on the field as much as last friday night. SC only ran about 15 plays in the 1st half. That trend continued until late in the game when they finally put a long drive together. Two horrible turnovers and horrid kicking game also were killers. All that being said with less than 3 minutes left they still were in position to take the lead. Then Watson fumbles the snap and Walker breaks a 91 yard run a few plays later to seal the deal for WB. I'm sure HHS will try to hammer the ball at the center of the line and use the wing-t sally inside reverse that WB had a lot of success with. SC did pretty well defending the power sweep. Hopefully HHS doesn't have two D ends like the Walker brothers. They are tough to block. SC must get the ball to their playmakers more -- TB and WR's Feezle and Pippin and protect Watson better in

the passing game.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont make a prediction for the game because I dont know enough about SCHS and I dont know how our young team will respond to the scrimmages and jamboree. I hope Coop and Dayton can connect for a big play or two. On Dayton's health: I am almost positive he is playing but i dont know if he is 100%. He has been practicing so that is a good sign so he should be ok! Saying that I will of course be cheering for the mighty Red Devils and I will be there watching. Good luck to the team!

Reddevil....Good call on the feild....It is a dang mountain!

As Always....Go Big Red!

Edited by hhsbball12

Well, the season is finally here. I am ready to cheer on the Big Red no matter what.

Just a small observation, but I have seen several practices and Coach J. has really turned up the heat of late. He is starting to expect more out of his team and he appears to have less patience with mistakes. I think this may toughen up the young players. I really expect Halls to look better tonight than they have in the preseason. Will it be enough to knock off a 5A playoff team tonight? I don't know, I am just glad the season is here.

Let's head up to one on the biggest crowns on a field in football and bring home a "W".

Objectively, S.C. 21, Halls 10

From the heart, Halls 20, S.C. 17

Go Big Red!!!

Edited by fairplay2121

The same sentiment here Fairplay. If this was three games into the season I would feel much better. If Cooper has his a-game on and the running game improves I can see us making a good game of it. If not well then it could be a very long night for the Red Devils.

A decent first 6 or 7 minutes for the devils then a long long night after that. Started out 6-0 giving the fans hope and then the defense gave up a TD drive and then pretty much within the 2nd and 3rd quarters the wheels completely fell off. Coop had a couple of mistakes on offense but when we only run 1 formation that only has 1 pass play in it and when you run that 1 pass play the defensive line is in the backfield before Coop can complete a 3-step drop doesnt make it easy on him. Also, special teams was a killer giving up two TD's on punt returns. Wes Kitts-Maybe doesn't have the best hands in the world but he runs extremely hard and looks to be a good offensive weapon!

O'Kicker had a(I think) 52 yard field goal attempt blocked and when I saw the other comment I was wondering....What is his brother's record? Unfortunately, last night showed signs of Ian's senior year and that is....Ian bombing kickoffs through the uprights and bombing long field goals....the only problem was that was the only way we scored....Hope Logan can get some help because if the season goes as last night went, Logan's senior year will be alot like Ian's senior year.

And lastly, this just adds salt to the wound....I'm sure everyone has seen that our opponent for next week,Central, beat Farragut 34-7 so next week might be a long night as well.

As Always....Go Big Red!